2 Months Post discharge - Chapter 7 No Asset Non Consumer Pro Se

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 Months Post discharge - Chapter 7 No Asset Non Consumer Pro Se

Since my discharge two months ago I was able to get two unsecured credit cards - capital one and credit one ( I know) . The total credit line is $1000 . I pay off every month and never use more than 10% (as has been suggested in other sections of this forum ) . My real FICO credit score has jumped about 100 points from my filing date in February 2015 to yesterday .

Most gratifying was getting an apartment in my own name for the first time in years. With income verification I was able to secure an apartment for me and my son in a very nice building and area for only 1 months security deposit. When I tried this 4 years ago I was soundly rejected from every place I applied.

The only issue Ive run into is opening a bank account ; I have tried opening a savings account at several big name and smaller banks and have been turned down . Apparently Equifax reports a bankruptcy and I am then declined. No matter. I opened an account with a credit union .

While I was filing for Chapter 7 I fretted over my decision. The stigma of being labelled a dead beat. Not ever being able to get a home loan. Or an auto loan . During that time this forum gave me hope that there could be a life after bankruptcy. That it might even be better than the life I was trying so desperately to cling to before bankruptcy . And it turns out that, so far, life is better than before.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X