Credit union just making trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit union just making trouble

I filed chapter 7 last Sept. Discharged in December. Finally closed in February this year.

I did not have any credit card debt or owe any bank. I did not discharge any debt with this credit union or any bank. My credit union has been obnoxious toward me at every turn. I have been a good customer since they opened their doors for business back in 1991. I never bounced a check, or defaulted on any loan or credit card with them. Ever.

Now, they have denied me a secured credit card. Well...ok. Plenty of others want my business

But...this one baffles me.

My checking account with the credit union had an online payment set up so that I could transfer money to my daughter or my son who both have accounts with the same credit union. It was just like any other online payment setup except it was just an electronic transfer inside the same bank.

Now..they say I cannot do this any more. Huh? I have no explanation why I cannot make a payment through this method. I think it is just another indignity they have decided to put me through. I cannot think of any explaination that makes any sense, and they aren't explaining anything to me.

Anyone think of a reason for this?

I actually had trouble as well with my credit union, something similar. I am in an active chapter 13 case, I am actually paying back in full all unsecured debts (base 90,000) I am in year 3. My credit union was involved though, I had a line of credit and a credit card. My mortgage is also with them, however that was up to date and not included. when I filed, nothing was behind at all, i just truly had no money to live on if I made the payments. Soon after I filed, mysteriously, I could no longer log in to my online banking. It simply would not allow me to. I was sure it had something to do with it...even though, I AM PAYING 100 percent of the debt!!! anyway I was embarrassed about it and just kind of accepted that thats the way it was, bc I didnt want to go through the embarrassment of asking. After 2 years of that, I finally decided to call the help line. I told them I was kicked off of online banking and asked if it had something to do with the fact I filed bankruptcy. I was told, no absolutely not, it should work, and they fixed it for me. I am sure it is something to do with it though. I have heard stories of credit unions doing similar things. I would call up and ask because I dont think they can discriminate in that way

Comment

Oh, yes. I did call them. I had sort of figured that the department that handled online website was just having some sort of trouble. That is when I was told the reason I was no longer seeing the "linked accounts" screen was because it was no longer being offered to me because I had chapter 7 on my credit. I pointed out that the reason made no kind of sense. They didn't care. Chapter 7? I was scum. I am looking seriously at moving to TD Bank. I keep reading about the services offered. Once I turn 65, their accounts are fee free too.

Honestly, I have found that loyalty, never having any credit or banking problem, always pay on time and keep a zero balance on the cc.....none of that mattered to the credit union. In a few months it will be TD Bank. (I'm going to look at Ally too).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X