Chapter 13 ends February 2 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 ends February 2 2013

It has been a very long five years, My wife and I are excited and nervous wondering what legal wrangling might happen at this end point. We filed chapter 13 to save our house which had plenty of equity, at least in 2007, Now our house is worth half as much and under water. So much can happen in the five years of your life in chapter13 it is a certainty you will become confused as to what to do with every little change that happens. We are diligent in giving all new info to our attorney wanting to avoid any problems. Piece of advice...Make it part of the attorney client contract that your attorney must return your calls within a reasonable time. For us it has been a major problem at least for our state of mind, as we near the point of freedom from the government our attorney is actively avoiding us....ugh. We do not call him very often maybe once or twice a year. I am still perplexed as to why he is treating us so. For goodness sake even the notice we received from the trustee said to call your attorney asap. Finally had to call another attorney to get info. Hopefully all will go well and a discharge will be ours. At least after about 20 wks since we live in Michigan.

Good to see that you are almost there.

What notice did you receive from the trustee? Does the attorney also receive this notice so they know to look out for your call?
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Yes, notice was also sent to my attorney from the trustee. He is still attorney of record, and I will do what is my responsibility and assume he will do what is his.

Comment

the notice was that our chapter 13 is coming to a close.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X