PayPal Debit Mastercard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Debit Mastercard

I was just looking at my PayPal Debit Mastercard account, and was quite surprised. I'm about to hit the $1,000 lifetime cash back threshold! It now reads "Lifetime cash back: $995.69 USD"!

I use it a little less than I was about 4 months ago, where I was getting back about $20-40/month, but I'm still happy. I started using my PayPal Debit Masterard for all my travel needs back after filing for Bankruptcy in 2008! At first, I was using my bank's debit card for tickets, hotel, cars, but then I switched to using the PayPal Debit Mastercard. I am grandfathered at 1.5% cashback (you can only get 1.0% cashback on new accounts). It has no limits and as you can see, I have earned almost $1,000 back!

To me, the $20-40/month really didn't seem like a lot, but in the 5 years since filing... $1,000 is nothing to sneeze at.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

i never used mine but a few times! not a bad deal at all, & i know i have some life time cash back dollars in there somewhere, i will have to check them out.

i know many don't love paypal, but i have been with them for years and find them great to work with. especially sending money to my kids, or having someone send me money, it's great and doesn't cost like a wire transfer does unless you are using a credit card, which we don't.

actually sounds more like a great deal to me!
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congrats, justbroke!

Right now, I'm at about $170 lifetime cash back. I, however, didn't use my card that often prior to my BK and have to work a bit harder for my cash back (I'm only getting 1%) and I'm paying the higher bills (electricity, cable etc.) with my Capital One Rewards CC where I'm getting 1.5% cash back, too.
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
        i know many don't love paypal, but i have been with them for years and find them great to work with. especially sending money to my kids, or having someone send me money, it's great and doesn't cost like a wire transfer does unless you are using a credit card, which we don't.
        There may not be the wire transfer charge, or it might not be as large, but over a certain limit, they WILL 'git' you! G-daughter sent me $600.00 through PayPal to hold for her until she got home. PayPal ate $17.80 of it!!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

no that's ONLY when you use something out of your debit card or credit card not your bank account or your pay pal balance. i just sent 15k no charge? but you have to watch what it says. also, every 20th of the month 550 goes to our son, we don't get charge for that either??? never have?

last weeks high was 15k low was the $550 neither costs us? but it had a note there saying if you use your debit or credit card you will be charge the fee.
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

thanks for the heads up, i am at about $600 lifetime.
            i keep zero in my paypal account and have the backup limit set to $1000.
            it's important to know what you have in the bank to avoid the dreaded ACH overdrafts.
            I feel much safer using this as a credit card instead of a debit card linked to a bank account with money in it.
            filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              no that's ONLY when you use something out of your debit card or credit card not your bank account or your pay pal balance. i just sent 15k no charge? but you have to watch what it says. also, every 20th of the month 550 goes to our son, we don't get charge for that either??? never have?

last weeks high was 15k low was the $550 neither costs us? but it had a note there saying if you use your debit or credit card you will be charge the fee.
              I don't know what method G-Daughter used, but we got hit. She has sent me more money since then, but in MUCH smaller amounts--nothing over $200.00 at a time.

I should add that I do not have a PayPal card and don't really want one. We have had trouble with them in the past, and except for having the convenience of being able to have a conduit for an occasional eBay payment to go through, I would most likely drop it altogether.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X