6 months after 13, 2.49% Capital One Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months after 13, 2.49% Capital One Auto

6 months after discharge....After 19 years, it was time to purchase a dependable vehicle. We are members of a credit union and they quoted 30% down with 13% interest rate. Um, no thank you! So we applied through Capital One and were approved. At the end of the day, we made a deal at the dealership and financed for 60 months at 2.49%!! We were not required to put a down payment, but we chose to put down $2,500. There is life after BK!

Hi, I haven't posted in awhile, but this forum always gave me such good advice. My old car seems to be on it's last wheels and I desperately need something a little more dependable. I have tried recently a "We finance everybody dealership..." and the sticking point seems to be an old business loan for $1,900 that was included in my Chapter 13. According to my credit report, this information though it says "included in chapter 13" is due to continue to Aug. 2017. I found out when the dealer called me and asked if I wanted him to try someplace else, and thoroughly discouraged I declined. Not that it matters, a lot of people sure don't understand bankruptcy, the guy kept saying things like bring in proof that you paid it!?

So what I really don't understand is why all the other loans, credit cards, etc. seem to have disappeared off of my credit report except this one? Does anyone have any suggestions how I can go about getting an auto loan? Then, also is it best to get the loan "check" first and then go shopping?

Comment

maplehill, Thanks. I'll try Cap One or maybe this RoadLoans. It also looks like it's best to get the check first so I don't have to work with a dealer trying to push me into something. Don't think I can wait another year until this falls off my credit report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X