top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who were approved through post BK and some details...

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged: 11/09
    Lender: Capitol One Auto Finance
    Approved for: Up to $30,000
    Interest: 9.1% for 2010 model, 11.85% for 2009 model, 12.53% for 2007/2008 model, 13.65% for 2006-2003 model
    No money down
    Credit scores about 583 or so.

I probably won't do this but have considered it and wanted to see what the offer would be. I was surprised to be approved, and at the rate above with no down payment. The idea of a car payment again scares the beans out of me! Lol!
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

Discharged 07 16 2010
      Approved by Capital One via Carmax 5 days after discharge
      10.80%
      $500.00 down
      72 months
      payments including 3 yr extended warranty and gap coverage=$297.04
      2009 Dodge Avenger priced around $12,859.00

Approved by Drive Financial via Carmax 5 days after discharge
      24.99%
      $950.00 down
      72 months

Approved at local Ford Dealership by ??? 4 days after discharge
      $500.00 down
      interest ??
      He said payments would be around $425.00 per month for $17,000.00 car that he picked out for me (Lincoln MKZ). He said if I went with a Ford Focus, he could get my payments to $350.00.
      Term ??

Approved at local newer used car Dealership 3 days after discharge by ???
      He claims they needed at least 10% down, no exceptions.
      Approval limited to $12500.00 including tax, tags, etc.
      Last edited by mermaids614; 07-22-2010, 08:40 AM.
      Filed Ch.13 August 2008,
      Converted to Ch.7 03/31/10, 341 Meeting 05/05/2010, Discharged 07/16/2010

Comment

Discharged 7-27-10
        Approved on 8-5-10 at Dodge dealership (Santander),Mitsubishi dealership (unknown) and Carmax, again Santander.

Dodge gave me a max of 28,000 at 15% interest for 6 years, with 5000 down.

Turned down by Capital One, letter stating I had a bad loan with them earlier (Capital One cc discharged)

Still debating what to do.

Comment

I would go to a small used car dealership or a credit union for a loan and buy a decent used car. I just have a feeling with 15% on a depreciating car, many people will wind up in debt trouble again since the monthly payment would be so high and the job market is not secure.

Comment

Date Discharged: Sept 08
            Lender: Boeing Credit Union
            Date Applied For: Sept 09
            Approval Amount: $11,500
            Interest Rate: 12.9%
            Term: $235 for 50 or 62 months (can't remember)
            Never late and paid at least $50 extra every month.

Refinanced June 2010 (we took out a loan on a pickup we had paid off so we could release the lein on the van and sell it)

Lender: Local Credit Union (not Boeing, they denied our refi)
            Date Applied For: June 10
            Approval Amount: $10,100
            Interest Rate: 8.75%
            Term: $321 for 36 months

We sold the van in July & paid the loan down to $4500. We plan to pay it off in Feb as soon as we get our taxes.
            Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
            Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Discharged 1/17/2020
              Lender: Exeter Finance
              Approved 2/15/2010
              Interest rate: Ridiculously high at 18%
              Purchase price of vehicle $11,000

I bought a 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with 56K miles.

I know I could have gotten a new car but I really wanted an SUV and I could not find anyone else that could get me into one at favorable terms.

PMT is $343/month for 60 months. I plan to get out of it in 3 years.
              Chapter 7 Discharged 1/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by kclovis View Post
                Discharged 1/17/2020
                Lender: Exeter Finance
                Approved 2/15/2010
                Interest rate: Ridiculously high at 18%
                Purchase price of vehicle $11,000

I bought a 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer with 56K miles.

I know I could have gotten a new car but I really wanted an SUV and I could not find anyone else that could get me into one at favorable terms.

PMT is $343/month for 60 months. I plan to get out of it in 3 years.

Did you put any money down? Capital one auto finance turned us down, when I applied online. I just want something used for now, with low mileage. I wonder if we would have a better chance for approval if we drove out to a dealership and talked with someone who knows what they are doing? Surely to goodness there has to be one out there with an excellent 2nd chance financing dept. that are not places like drivetime or JD Byryder. They rob you with 29.9% interest rates at those places.
                Chapter 7 filed 2/26/2010
                341 meeting 4/18/2010
                Discharged 6/14/2010-On our way back up the ladder from a rough patch.
                FICO score goal by June 2011:720+

Comment

I put $1500 down. I worked with a Kia dealer. They had a second chance financing team. After my bk was discharged I got a lot of offers in the mail for vehicle financing.
                  Chapter 7 Discharged 1/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by kclovis View Post
                    I put $1500 down. I worked with a Kia dealer. They had a second chance financing team. After my bk was discharged I got a lot of offers in the mail for vehicle financing.
                    I get a lot of offers in the mail too, and most of them are with kia/hyundai. We went to a dealership via a referral from a friend. He has bad credit and they approved him for a $30,000 mustang GT. He doesn't even have a job. He just gets a small SSI check each month. I am completely floored as to how he got approved, because they just turned us down last month. We have around $4,000 per month in income and are only looking at $20,000 cars. I understand our Chapter 7 was only discharged in June, but still...I really question a lot of these lenders and creditors...........and many question why our economy is in the toilet. Our credit went bad, due to a job layoff. We never went out buying things we knew we could not afford. We just like many others had nothing in savings to fall back on, but we learned our lesson. We learned it the hard way.
                    341 meeting 4/18/2010

Comment

Discharged 06/09
                      Credit score 623
                      Down payment $1500
                      Trade In $500

Financed today at Enterprise Auto Sales through Americredit. Interest is high at 21% but payments are $248 per month for 60 months. Got a 2010 PT Cruiser for $9899. No prepay penalty so it can be refinanced in time. Not bad at all!
                      12/05/08 - filed pro se
                      01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
                      04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
                      6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

When giving your approval/denial info it would help if you could also give your credit score ;)
                        Filed 8/2009
                        Discharged & Closed 11/2009
                        Now the rebuilding begins....

Comment

In Sept when we got the first loan, hubby's scores were 616, 558 & 611 and mine were 623, 617 & 566.

In June for the second loan they were hubby: 603, 649 & 659 and mine were: 646, 648 & 637.

Hubby has an income salary of $3000 gross per month and been at the job & address for 3 months (at the time) & I am a sahm. We had no other debt either.

Originally posted by nomoneynomore View Post
                          Lender: Boeing Credit Union
                          Date Applied For: Sept 09
                          Approval Amount: $11,500
                          Interest Rate: 12.9%
                          Term: $235 for 50 or 62 months (can't remember)
                          Never late and paid at least $50 extra every month.

Refinanced June 2010 (we took out a loan on a pickup we had paid off so we could release the lein on the van and sell it)

Lender: Local Credit Union (not Boeing, they denied our refi)
                          Date Applied For: June 10
                          Approval Amount: $10,100
                          Interest Rate: 8.75%
                          Term: $321 for 36 months

We sold the van in July & paid the loan down to $4500. We plan to pay it off in Feb as soon as we get our taxes.
                          Discharged Ch 7 9/10/08
                          Livin' the GOOD life

Comment

Dunno if I posted it before but here is my experience:

Discharged per signature w/ credit scores

3 days post discharged:
                            Approved at Ford dealership through Americredit Finance
                            2010 Ford Edge
                            0 down
                            17.9%
                            Payment: 600 or 650 can't remember

March 2010:
                            Refiance above vehicle
                            Apple Federal Credit Union
                            9.7%
                            Payment: 450

August 2010:
                            capital one approved financing via online application
                            approved for refi and/or New dealer vehicle purchase
                            6.31% for 60 months 7.31% for 72 months
                            (Not using, was just curious only lowers my payment by 30 dollars a month)
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I never posted either so here goes,

Discharged 11-05-09
                              Credit Scores - all around 670-680.

Approved Capital One Auto Finance (applied Online)
                              Approved for 24k instantly

Interest rate: 4.42% for 60 months.

I am not sure I am going to use the financing, but I really want vehicle that handles winters well since I am driving more.
                              You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

My score today through equifax is 622. I did not pay to pull all 3 scores, as equifax seems to be the one most where I live use.
                                Prior to filing I was hovering right around 500. capital one turned me down for an auto loan. Some auto loan finder place keeps calling me, but I am reading horror stories on the internet about them.
                                What about americredit?
                                341 meeting 4/18/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X