Need the names of subprime lenders who deal with Chp 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need the names of subprime lenders who deal with Chp 13

I need to either refinance my car because the lease expires next month or get something new. I've called my current lender and haven't heard back from them--ususally not a good sign. I would prefer to re-finance my car, the amount I owe will be around $11,500.

I'm 7 months into Chp 13, but according to my attorney, I shouldn't have a problem gaining approval from the trustee to incur new debt, since I need my car to get to/from my job.

Can anyone refer me to a lender that will deal with someone in Chp 13? I don't want to blindly apply to places on the internet and risk all the credit pulls for them to just say no.

Any advice is appreciated--TIA!

I would start by finding your local largest high volume ford dealership (ford is BK friendly) and ask for their special financing department. Tell them your situation and go from there. DO NOT start out with a sales person. Start out with the finance department and then work down to the sales.

They will tell you what they can and can't do upfront.
    Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

just go on Bankrate.com and look around.
      NotFun
      Filed: 10/31/2007
      341: 12/05/2007
      Last day for objections: 02/05/2008

Comment

Purchased new car 3 months into ch. thirteen

I had to turn in a 5 year old lease 3 mos. into my ch. 13. I had a hell of a time finding someone to finance me, I was financed thru drive financial out of dallas.18 percent interest rates,but I couldn`t be choosy. I had heard some horror stories about drive when I checked them out thru google. I`ve had the loan for 1 year now and have had no problems. It might be cause I have the payment on auto draft from my checking account. Hope this helps . Good Luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X