60 days before I get discharge, I need a car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 days before I get discharge, I need a car

I just had my meeting of creditors last thursday and should be roughly 60 days before I get discharged.

I really need a car and am looking at a 2001 VW Jetta for around 5200 dollars. Obviously I cannot finance it or have it in my name at this time cause I have not been discharged, but my parents said they would put it on a credit card. Then over the year as I pay them, I would be able to transfer the title to my name.

Do you think that is the best way to handle this?

terrible idea...

get something you can pay cash for... why do you need a car now?? what have you been using?
    Filed Pro Se- 12/15/2009
    341- 2/17/2010
    DISCHARGED- 3/18/2010

Comment

I applaud your choice of the 2001 Jetta. I have a 2003 Jetta Wagon (paid off the month before I stopped paying creditors) with 147K miles and except for wear items like the axles and breaks and the coil packs, it has been solid like a rock. Heck, even the manual transmission clutch is original. I plan to get over 300K on this baby.

Oh, and take the offer from your parents, and pay them back as soon as you can.

Comment

what happened to your car you were using? Can you wait 60 days, or borrow their car?
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

I have a 2004 Jetta TDI with 190K. I too think you should take up your parents offer. Pay them back with interest they incur on the credit card, but insurance may be tough to get if the car is not in your name. Best check into this first. The alternate idea is what ecsclb1724 said, get a paid for beater for the two months. Sell it for what you can get if you have to have that Jetta. Be careful as you don't want to start a slippery slope that got you to this forum. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Is is possible for you parents to purchase this car any other way other than a credit card. Maybe a low interest car loan? It seems that using a credit card for a car is an expensive way to go.
            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X