top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have any luck post bk with honda financial?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone have any luck post bk with honda financial?

i am really badly wanting a accord sedan 2008-2010 model
    and i researched it looks like honda has "tiers" i joined the credit union at my job, we have our own credit union for anthem/wellpoint associates so i am hoping to be able to finance thru them, but i was just wondering about honda financial. i opened the savings account with them and hopefully will be starting a pt job to throw half of my paycheck from their into the savings acct to use some of it as a down payment. anybody had any experience with honda financial?
    thanks guys...btw im in the 60 day club! turned in my financial mgmt cert last week to the bk clerk!

It's all about your residence/job stability, monthly income & down payment. Yes, your credit union might help you. But you can forget about of Honda Financial's 0%-5% rate specials... unless you've already reestablished perfect auto credit (post BK).

Comment

Originally posted by kyfreshstart View Post
      It's all about your residence/job stability, monthly income & down payment. Yes, your credit union might help you. But you can forget about of Honda Financial's 0%-5% rate specials... unless you've already reestablished perfect auto credit (post BK).
      This is true, but a perfect record pre-bk can get you good rates several months post bk. I had a perfect auto payment record on three cards pre-bk, and got a 4.42% rate 10 months post bk. Nowadays, the captive finance arms of auto dealers (honda finance, toyota finance, ford finance, etc) are going to have stricter standards and higher rates than your credit union or Capital One if you are not in tier one or tier two tiers. (It didn't used to be this way in the credit boom, but with the tightening of credit, it is this way now). The vast majority of people will not be in tier one or tier two right out of bankruptcy. Credit unions and banks (Capital One for example) use proprietary scoring models that do not rely on fico score alone and you can probably get a better rate with them than with a place like Honda finance.
      You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X