No announcement yet.

Another car buying thread :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomed - I seriously value BTS's advice. She's a huge advocate of sensibly rebuilding your credit after BK. I'm in the same boat that you are and will be purchasing next month.

I think that you can get a safe car for cash, depending on how much you have, such as a Volvo. However, I feel better having a warranty and although I won't be buying brand new, I don't want an old clunker either (I just don't). IF you feel that financing a small amount to get a safer car would be better for you and your son, then by all means, do so. But be sure to give yourself options, and have a Plan A, B, and C.

I received some great advice in another thread that I'd like to share. Right now, I have a few thousand saved up. So, someone suggested that I find a car in my price range (my chosen one is a Toyota Prius), apply for financing, put down a small amount and then for the first payment provided there is no prepay penalty, make a large payment, thereby getting a few months ahead on the car payment. That gives me a cushion of a few months so that technically I won't fall behind on payments, because I'll still be paying every month after that first large payment---plus making a few extra payments here and there.

So, find something safe, economical and sensible...maybe an XC90 or a Camry, to tote your precious goods around, while still rebuilding your credit.
    Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
    Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention, @ BTS - Girl, let them haters drink haterade. You know you rock!!
      Filed Pro Se Ch. 7 on 7/7/10 341 Meeting 8/19/10
      Last Day for Objections 10/18/10 Discharged to a Fresh New Start 11/1/10

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
        Sooner or later BubbaJoe/TheExpert/ImNotBk/etc... will run out of ip addresses and mac addresses and/or computer lab hours will be over at the prison/mental hospital for the night and it will be lights out time, and we will all get a welcome relief from him/her.
        bts, you make me laugh every time you refer to that loser ;)
        Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by freedomnow7 View Post
          Oh, I forgot to mention, @ BTS - Girl, let them haters drink haterade. You know you rock!!
          Thanks freedomnow7 . I think your suggestion is an excellent way to build credit post bk. You still get the benefit of the credit line on your reports, but have the security of having a small balance.
          You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by freedomnow7 View Post
            ditto times TEN!!!!!!!!!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by doomed View Post
              Let me guess -- you're a big fan of LSU?
              Is this a freaking jab at me? Good lord, what did I do to you? I've never spoken a word to you.
              New Orleans: Home to the World Champion Saints, the biggest enviromental disaster and the biggest natural disaster in the history of this nation. Proud to call it home!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X