top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-discharge car financing with same BK creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-discharge car financing with same BK creditors?

I filed BK chap 7 on Sept 10', 341 meeting was on Oct 10'. I'm currently waiting for discharge and I am assuming it will happen in late Dec 10' (keeping fingers crossed).

I currently have a lease with Acura financials which I reaffirmed. The lease is set to expire on 12/4/10. I am going to keep the car and need to find a car loan. My parents have agreed to co-sign for me if necessary.

I have been searching online and it seems like Chase and Capital One has the best rates. However, they are also the creditors I owe CC money to. Since I have not been discharged yet, do you think it's a bad idea to seek financing through the same creditors?

When I filed for BK in Sept 10', I was unemployed. After my 341 meeting, I found a part time job so I'm now making some money. Will the creditors give me a hard time with my discharge if they find out through the auto loan application that I now have income? Please help!

Wait till you get discharged. It's a waste of time until you do. Sat at a car dealer for 2 hours this summer while I was waiting for my discharge and because I had received a "you are approved!" letter in the mail. Then they tell me that I have to wait to get discharged before they can do anything.
    One week after discharge I was approved for a new car loan,albeit at a high interest.

Comment

From personal experience, I wouldn't suggest getting a car loan through Chase.

Anyways, I think you have to wait for discharge. There are some lenders that specifically lend while you are in an active bankruptcy. However, THEY pick the cars that you can choose from. They typically want you to select a newer car with lower miles. I have received letters from a few of them. But places like Chase or Cap One probably will not lend until after discharge.
      I may be smarter than an attorney, but I'm not one. No legal advice here, people.
      Filed Ch. 7 pro se on 10/22/10 341 on 11/19/10 Report of No Distribution Filed on 11/19/10 Discharged 1/19/11 Closed 2/2/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X