X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One Auto Loan and Credit Card ?

Just curious . . .

Looking for some stats:

IF you HAVE applied for a Capital One Auto card and HAVE been approved: Did you have any previous Captial One history (including an old card or new card, even if it was included in BK?)

If you have applied to Capital One Auto and were DENIED: Did you have any previous Capital One history?

I am just checking to see if there is a trend. From reading the main Cap1 posting - it seems that most people that get approved have some sort of Cap1 history - even if a Bad one. And most people that get denied have NO Cap1 history (or the BK is not yet listed as closed on Credit bureaus).

I applied for Cap1 auto a few months back, and my BK13 was still open. My denial letter came in as these reasons:

a) Bankruptcy
    b) No Prior Capital One account

Very curious about B

Had Cap.1 card AND Auto-Loan prior to BK. Card was IIB and Auto went through repo and balance was IIB. Yes, that is a history - but certainly not a better one than no history.

Auto-loan denied after discharge due to too many derogatory MORTGAGES (strangely, they didn't mention the previous auto-loan).

Partially secured credit-card was approved. I didn't apply for an unsecured one.

I guess they mentione "B" because you weren't discharged yet. Having a BK itself is no obstacle to get a Cap One Auto-Loan.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I BK'd about 15K on a Capitol One card. I was shocked when they approved me for a 9.37% auto loan this week!
      Filed Chapter 7 08/06/09, unsecured debt of $109,000
      341 Meeting 09/09/09
      Discharged 11/12/09
      Closed 12/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by killinstinct View Post
        I BK'd about 15K on a Capitol One card. I was shocked when they approved me for a 9.37% auto loan this week!
        That's great! If you don't mind me asking, how much did you get approved for? I'm trying to buy a car, but have not started yet. I haven't even began to apply for a credit card yet. I've only been discharged for 5 months. How long have you been discharged?

Comment

I had no pre-BK history with Capital One.

I applied for a Capital One CC a couple months ago and was denied. At the time, my case was still open. I had a couple grand in a brand new Capital One savings account at the time. I applied again last week, just 6 days after getting my discharge and was approved with a $500 limit, 0% the first year and a decent rate thereafter. I have about $10K in a Capital One savings account now - not sure if that factored in.

Comment

Husband and I both had Cap One bk'ed cards-I got a Cap one blank check car loan offer in the mail (Preapproval) and we both have cap one cards...We were DC'ed in January.

Hope this helps!
            Filed Chapter 7 October 5, 2010 -341 held Nov. 8, 2010- Report of No Distribution Nov. 12th, 2010- Discharged 1-10-2011 Closed 1-28-2011

Comment

Thank you all for your information so far . . . .

I am really wondering . . . has anyone gotten a Cap One Auto loan with NO prior cap one history? No previous Cap1 in BK, no previous cap one credit cards . . . etc.

It really seems to be a trend that most or all of those approved for Cap1 Auto, also has some previous history with Cap1 bank (good or bad)

Comment

I had a previous Cap1 auto loan that I got with no Cap1 history but that was in 2004. I paid it off successfully in 2007. I recently Bkd a card with them for less than 1K. Got approved for a CC with 500 CL right after discharge. When I got the auto loan though, that was my first time doing business with them.
                A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I had a CapOne card in my bankruptcy. After discharge I was approved for one of their credit rebuilding cards that I keep for emergencies. About 5 months after that I was approved for a blank check auto loan 60 months at 7.32%

Comment

I have a Cap One card and they keep sending me auto loan pre-approvals. I just don't want a car note right now if I can help it.
                    Filed: 11/9/09 341 Meeting:12/21/09 No assets! Discharged: 5/24/10
                    10/2010:EQUIFAX: 589, TRANSUNION: 644, EXPERIAN: 591

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X