BK Friendly Auto Lenders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK Friendly Auto Lenders?

I'm looking at purchasing a vehicle, after my trade in probably for about 5k - 7k that I would need to get a loan for. I was wondering what lenders you guys have worked with that have been BK friendly.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Capital One but the minimum loan is 7500 and the vehicle has to be 2004 or newer with less than 70,000miles and they will only loan 120% of Kelly Blue Book Trade-in Value

Comment

There are a lot of companies out there that specialize in post-bankruptcy auto loans. But expect an interest rate that is higher than you would pay but for the bk. If you can make a substantial down payment though (say, 25 - 30 percent), you can get an auto loan with a conventional lender.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Cap 1 was 9-12% for 60 months depending on the year and model I wanted. I was discharged 7/6/2011 and just approved for 9K

Comment

Do I have to go to find these companies on my own or do dealerships offer financing through these?
          5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
          7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
          9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

Originally posted by buffetbuster View Post
            Do I have to go to find these companies on my own or do dealerships offer financing through these?
            I'd say you cando both. When you're ready to purchase. Apply at lendingtree and your local credit union, write down the details of the best offer and let the dealer try to beat that.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

There are typically benefits to the dealer if you use "His" financing so he has an incentive to steer you into a higher rate because he sees a higher profit. As the above post says do your homework first so you can see if the dealer can beat it. You can apply to Cap One online.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X