top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 year post BK with upcoming car purchase....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always recommend getting preaproved through the TFS (Toyota Financial Services) site first . That way, you need not worry with the dealer running your credit through 3-4 of "their" favorite banks. I hate giving them all my information.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OK, I applied thru Toyota Financial online last night and got the e-mail saying I got pre-approved but it doesn't say at what rate!!! Is there a way for me to ask Toyota Financial to see what rate or ONLY the dealership will tell me tomorrow when I'm supposed to pick up the new car?

Does anyone know Toyota Financial current rate?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by californiano View Post
        OK, I applied thru Toyota Financial online last night and got the e-mail saying I got pre-approved but it doesn't say at what rate!!! Is there a way for me to ask Toyota Financial to see what rate or ONLY the dealership will tell me tomorrow when I'm supposed to pick up the new car?

Thanks
        I got 0 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by californiano View Post

Thanks
          Look at the type of car you ordered as I think the rate/term differs by vehicle.

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

As others have stated, it is based on the vehicle you selected as well as the available promotions at the time of purchase. Your dealership will be able to tell you which tier you are. I'm suspecting that you are Tier 1+ (the best tier), so you should get the best rates.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I emailed my dealership and he said I am approved for 3.09% thru Toyota Financial, Is this good? Should I ask for lower rate?

Another thing is the dealer said to complete the application SANS the SSN because he knows I got approved, the app says Have you EVER filed for BK? your nearest relative not living with you, as well as personal friends known over 1 year and "Do I have permission to run your credit?" and all that standard credit app so that he can have all the docs prepared in advance while saving alot of time while I go there tomorrow. What should I do? Do I have to do this? (I recall seeing Toyota Financial application that I may have to complete more information at the dealership regardless if I'm approved.

Comment

No, you don't have to do this since you're already approved. You only need to give them your application number and they can pull all of that information from their TFS system. This is why I don't give dealerships my information. Even after just buying a car, with pre-approved credit through my credit union, I was very careful in what I gave them. I only gave them the information necessary to register the car! As for TFS, you may need to prove identity or something else, but all the answers to that "questionaire" should be in their system.

Always tell them that they do NOT have permission to run your credit. Especially when you talk to sales, speak to the finance manager, or they ask you to complete some form which asks for your SSN, DOB and other identifying information.

It's not that I'm anti-dealership. It's just the last time I went to buy a car, and came with PRE-APPROVED credit (blank check), they ran my credit through 5 banks! I did not ask them to do that. They say that they were trying to get me a better rate.

I think the "more" information is really about the registration process. I would wait to get there. Personally, I might be inclined to only provide my name and address on that form and write "see APP" for everything else. But that's me.

Comment

Thank you Justbroke.

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                  No, you don't have to do this since you're already approved. You only need to give them your application number and they can pull all of that information from their TFS system. This is why I don't give dealerships my information. Even after just buying a car, with pre-approved credit through my credit union, I was very careful in what I gave them. I only gave them the information necessary to register the car! As for TFS, you may need to prove identity or something else, but all the answers to that "questionaire" should be in their system.

Always tell them that they do NOT have permission to run your credit. Especially when you talk to sales, speak to the finance manager, or they ask you to complete some form which asks for your SSN, DOB and other identifying information.

It's not that I'm anti-dealership. It's just the last time I went to buy a car, and came with PRE-APPROVED credit (blank check), they ran my credit through 5 banks! I did not ask them to do that. They say that they were trying to get me a better rate.

I think the "more" information is really about the registration process. I would wait to get there. Personally, I might be inclined to only provide my name and address on that form and write "see APP" for everything else. But that's me.

Comment

I will tell you another thing... never believe them when they say it will be "quick" or "quicker". After they then have you speak to the sales manager and then, finally, the finance manager. Oh wait, before you leave, you must speak to the parts department manager and the service manager. Quick is not something in their book!

Comment

Yeah, That's what I told them that I will 110% walk away if it's 1 dollar difference or adding anything! I don't want ANYTHING other than what I just listed everything so I fully expect you respect that. He understood and hopefully he'll take my threat very seriously cuz I don't have time for any BS!

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                      I will tell you another thing... never believe them when they say it will be "quick" or "quicker". After they then have you speak to the sales manager and then, finally, the finance manager. Oh wait, before you leave, you must speak to the parts department manager and the service manager. Quick is not something in their book!

Comment

Allllll went very well when I picked up my Prius! in and out of dealership: 45 minutes they had everything ready and I triple checked everything on every single documents so I'm happy!

Many thanks to everyone!!!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!
                            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

congrats!!!! i am trying right now to get a 2012 prius 2 through private party. are you loving it??!

Comment

I just got my new lease from TFS 3 weeks ago. I had a 650 TU score and got 0.9% for 60 months or 0.0008 Money Factor for 36 months. 650 is the min for Tier 3, which Tier 3 is receiving same rates as Tier 1 currently until January 2013 I believe. I've only been d/c for 3 months, TFS is all that!
                                Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
                                Discharged 7/24/2012
                                Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X