Car Loan Still on My Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Loan Still on My Credit Report

I have a couple of questions. The first is why does my car loan still show as a debt in my credit report? I mean I still make my monthly payment and I did include it in my BK. I didn't reaffirm either.

Secondly, since the loan was discharged a couple years ago can I stop paying and turn the car in? I don't want it anymore. Will the debt on my Credit Report go away then?

Thanks

Originally posted by jmanford View Post
    I have a couple of questions. The first is why does my car loan still show as a debt in my credit report? I mean I still make my monthly payment and I did include it in my BK. I didn't reaffirm either.

Secondly, since the loan was discharged a couple years ago can I stop paying and turn the car in? I don't want it anymore. Will the debt on my Credit Report go away then?

Thanks
    Since it was included and not reaffirmed, they shouldn't report any debt all (I assume by that you are talking about the balance on the loan, right?). In fact, they shouldn't even report payments or any kind of activity on the account after BK - only "IIB - $0 balance".

You can stop making payments and turn in the car any time you want. This won't have any effect on your credit-report. Your BK already entitles you to an "IIB"- and "$0 Balance"-reporting - no matter what.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X