Just got a 2012 TDI Jetta Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got a 2012 TDI Jetta Diesel

Got 14% initially, then got 9% after cosigned by GF, discharged in April 2012. Capital One.

Life isn't over!

How many months?

AS for choice of car...did you consider the cost differential between unleaded and diesel? I am sure prices may vary, but where I live, Diesel is more expensive and the last time I ran the numbers, the MPG of the Jetta and the fact that the jetta is more expensive than quite a few other fuel efficient vehicles, the jetta's fuel cost per 100 miles was higher. Just saying.....

Comment

However, a TDI will go almost twice as far on a tank of fuel than a similar car and tank size using gasoline. My 2005 TDI averages about 42 MPG. 'Hub's 2004 TDI averages about 40. My 93 Pontiac GrandAm averaged about 23 or so...

Plus, we can use spent fried chicken oil--filtered of course--should the need arise. Gasoline cars can't.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post
        Got 14% initially, then got 9% after cosigned by GF, discharged in April 2012. Capital One.

Life isn't over!
        Das ist goot. Never mind the price of diesel. Not an issue as you have the finest engine on earth. Diesels last longer due to the fact that the fuel also lubricates the upper cylinders. If you have a Tip O matic trans, great too. As Mrs. Cat said and i have proven it, you can mix peanut oil or other oils with a 50/50 mix (not in winter) and it will burn fine. Diesels will burn benzine, terpentine, soy bean, peanut oil, mineral spirits, etc. if in the event you cannot get fuel for any reason. I would NOT do that to a new car though. Give it 300K like I did as you have nothing to lose then. BTW, it WILL NOT burn gasoline. I have hit the wrong pump twice with a regular fill up. At the time, I was ill and misread the pump nozzle.

You can purge the tank and dilute the gas, and in about a week it will run well. VW will drop the tank and charge you 1K to clean the gas out.

I have a diesel tractor and every 200 hours I must change the hydrolic oil. Five gallons of old but clean oil to waste? NO, I put it into the tank and mow the yard. Have been doing this for years. I've owned 7 diesels. Got 256K when I traded it out for my new diesel. Going for 400K now. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

By the way, if you think you have a German car, you are mistaken. Engine made in Czechoslovakia, Trans in Japan, and assemble in Mexico or Canada. But a fine made car. Warning, don't park over a parking stop as you will loose your front grill backing out. Still not fixed. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

LOL, not exactly an apt comparison

My 2005 TDI averages about 42 MPG. 'Hub's 2004 TDI averages about 40. My 93 Pontiac GrandAm averaged about 23

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Das ist gut.
              Just a little correction..
              Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
              FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
              FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                Just a little correction..
                Sie sind korrekt. Der Hub

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                  Sie sind korrekt.
                  Actually, nobody would say that in Germany.

"Sie haben Recht" would be the translation for "You're right" - if you're keeping it formal. When talking to a buddy, you would say "Du hast Recht".

Sorry for getting off topic - but I couldn't resist when I read something in my native language.
                  Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                  FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                  FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                    Actually, nobody would say that in Germany.

"Sie haben Recht" would be the translation for "You're right" - if you're keeping it formal. When talking to a buddy, you would say "Du hast Recht".

Sorry for getting off topic - but I couldn't resist when I read something in my native language.
                    Auch du lieber, I've been found out as a fraud. LOL. 'Hub

P.S. the VW diesel is still the finest engine on earth. Even if it is made in Czeckoslovakia.

Comment

Originally posted by BilboBaggins View Post

Life isn't over!
                      Are you a member of a credit union? 5 months after discharge I obtained a secured VISA from mine and 6 months later a car loan @ 2.9% interest.
                      9% is pretty high - especially for a new car. TDI may be a good long term car, but it may have been more prudent to obtain an interim used car until you could get a good interest rate.

Comment

Yes, I highly recommend us BKers use credit unions for auto loans.... I just refinanced my 2 car loans with DCU at 3.49% with a 1% rate reduction over time with good payments.
                        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I just got approved yesterday for a 1.9% car loan and today I'm driving my new car. My car payment is $2 more then what I was paying on a used 2006 Mariner that was at 12.9%
                          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Congrats!

Now is this on a VW Jetta Diesel, or other vehicle? If it is another vehicle, since this thread is specifically about VW Jetta Diesels, then I will close this thread, and everyone can migrate to a new one.

Thanks!
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Its on the VW Jetta Diesel

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                              Congrats!

Now is this on a VW Jetta Diesel, or other vehicle? If it is another vehicle, since this thread is specifically about VW Jetta Diesels, then I will close this thread, and everyone can migrate to a new one.

Thanks!
                              Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X