top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carmax trying to reposess BK'd car, can i buy a new car from them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carmax trying to reposess BK'd car, can i buy a new car from them?

I had a loan for a Jeep with Carmax that I did not reaffirm, and they are trying to reposess it (tow guy came to my parent's house) I just got approved for a new loan thru Roadloans.com and Carmax was one of the 'preferred vendors'

Question; will Carmax know that I've 'screwed' them and refuse to sell me a car? I'm a little nervous about this...I don't owe them anything except their old car. Maybe it would be a good thing if I just drop it off there and can take care of 2 things in the same trip (return old car, pick up a new one)

The really have the best selection of cars in my price range ($10-15k) other dealers stock is $15k+ and I don't want to spend that much...

I don't see why there should be a problem. If I got this right, you BKed on Carmax and now, got approved thru RoadLoans. If so, they will be your new lender, not Carmax.

If yet to see ANY company that refused to sell a car. If that would be Carmax's idea of business, they would be gone in no time.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
      I don't see why there should be a problem. If I got this right, you BKed on Carmax and now, got approved thru RoadLoans. If so, they will be your new lender, not Carmax.
      Yes, that is correct. I do not owe CarMax anything except their Jeep.

OK I didn't want to show up and get thru the buying process, have them enter my info., and say "Houston, we have a problem!" - you've been 'red-flagged' in our system....

Comment

At that point it would be money in their pocket, with no risk to them.

Car salesmen typically don't have much in the way of principals, I am pretty sure they won't turn away a check from another lender.

That being said if you were trying to get the loan through them it would be a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by tazunemono View Post
          I had a loan for a Jeep with Carmax that I did not reaffirm, and they are trying to reposess it (tow guy came to my parent's house) I just got approved for a new loan thru Roadloans.com and Carmax was one of the 'preferred vendors'

Question; will Carmax know that I've 'screwed' them and refuse to sell me a car? I'm a little nervous about this...I don't owe them anything except their old car. Maybe it would be a good thing if I just drop it off there and can take care of 2 things in the same trip (return old car, pick up a new one)

The really have the best selection of cars in my price range ($10-15k) other dealers stock is $15k+ and I don't want to spend that much...

No I was a sales person with them and they dont care. You'll fine just go and present that roadloans package to them.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X