I had no problems buying a car 16 mos after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had no problems buying a car 16 mos after discharge

Just to share experiences, I just bought a car last week. I filled out a form stating my income. They did not check anything other than to post an inquiry on my credit. I am self-employed. Clean credit after Ch7.

I put $6500 down on a total price of $22k.

They pitched 8% and I said no. They came back with 1.9% and I drove the car home that night.

If you are worried, please know that it will be OK. Life goes on after BK.

One more thing, it was 16 mos after discharge. I typed 14 in the header of this post by accident and I cannot edit the header, just the text within.
    Last edited by LadyInTheRed; 06-23-2013, 04:23 PM.

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
    One more thing, it was 16 mos after discharge. I typed 14 in the header of this post by accident and I cannot edit the header, just the text within.
    I fixed it. Next time, try clicking "go advanced".
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Hi there,

Do you mind sharing what corporation you dealt with? We are looking at buying a car in the near future (Toyota, Honda, or maybe Chevy)...And thanks so much for your encouraging post!
      This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
      Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X