2nd auto purchase 8 months out of BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd auto purchase 8 months out of BK

I just wanted to post my 2 car buying experiences since I had the confidence and determination to apply for auto loans based on the feedback and threads from this forum.

I bought a 2008 Ford Edge Limited for my wife 4 months out of BK and was approved from Capitol One (blank check program) at a 18.9% interest rate. Since I have purchased cars in the past I used that to my advantage when buying my wifes car and was able to get a 12.9% interest rate for 72 months. I also put 0 down and no trade in for my wifes car.

The new car I purchased on 3/15/2014 (8 months out of my BK) was a 2011 Jeep Cherokee Limited that I financed $16,400 (car is worth over 30K i put 14k down) and was able to get a 9.5% interest rate for 60 months.

My credit score was 615/603 when I just bought my Jeep last week but I will tell you they originally came back with a 12.79% rate that I refused (I have done this many times). I just wanted to give some hope to others in similar situations.

One last note I only bought the Jeep to keep a revolving credit with a big dollar value to prepare myself for my home pourchase that I plan to do within 2 years of filing BK. Some say it is impossible but I have been known to make things happen. Also I paid off my wifes car last month and only financed for about 6 months so I don't have 2 car paymets. What I d have is around 50K in car value and a low $340 payments per month and only 16K in debt. Am I doing it right, time will tell but I can tell you I continue to raise my credit score and pay exerything ontime and in FULL. Hope this helps!!!

I forgot to add I had Ally Financial for my wifes car and went with GM Financial for my new Jeep

Comment

Just bought a new 2014 altima sv. I had a discharge 9 months . I was lucky to have 3.39 percent for 60 months after almost walking out of Sutherlin Nissan in Orlando. Good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X