top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged, Pre-approved, Now need court approval?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged, Pre-approved, Now need court approval?

Chapter 13 Filed 6/2010. Discharged 11/2015. Got pre-approved for a mortgage. Now they tell me I need to be 2 years outside of a chapter 13 or I need a letter from the court? Lawyer said court isnt going to give me anything....I'm discharged. I'm confused. I looked it up online and the lingo is confusing. I think it's really supposed to be for those buying while in 13 but it doesn't specify. Suggestions???

Hi..after I was discharged I spoke to my bank about refinancing and they were very adamant...we have to wait 2 years. Not only is it their requirement but the requirement of Fannie Mae also. We were discharged from chapter 13, 3 months ago.
    Filed Chapter 13 - 07/20/12
    Discharged 8/2/16

Comment

Conventional loans require 2 year wait after discharge. FHA loans are possible as early as an active 13 provided you have made 1 year of on time plan payments.
      You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Correct FHA is possible but you will have to pay PMI no matter what. PMI in my case makes the scenario cost prohibitive.

Comment

Court has no jurisdiction to give such approval as you received your discharge. Unfortunately, you will need to find a lender who is willing to loan sooner than the "seasoning period" discussed by the others or you will need to wait.

Des.

Comment

This the reason we did a Fannie Mae HARP refi back in june. It took 2 years to get everything straighten out,,but we got it done. Still have 2 months to go in ch13.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X