top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't trustee want tax returns and paystubs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doesn't trustee want tax returns and paystubs?

I have not yet received any request for financial docs (tax returns, paystubs, etc.). Isn't it standard for these to be requested? If so, when?

I am a Pro Se, no asset Chapter 7 (below means).

Short version: since you are self-represented, you are required to find out what your trustee requires. The trustee won't request them from you.

Since you file Pro Se you are required to follow the rules and procedures. The Trustee doesn't ask for them! You must know how to obtain the assigned Trustee's information. Most of the trustees have a website with the information required to be given to them within 7 days of the 341 Meeting.

You need to find out which Chapter 7 panel trustee has been assigned your case. You need to contact that office and find out what they require prior to the 341 Meeting. You should also ask how they'd like to receive this information (usually by US Mail). I suggest sending at least 14 days prior to the 341 Meeting with CMRR (certified mail return receipt requested).

Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Okay, thank you - seems I have plenty of time, at least. My trustee's website did not have this info, so I will contact them tomorrow.

Comment

I found the court link that lists the docs along with where to send them :

http://www.flmb.uscourts.gov/procedu...ments.pdf?id=1

My trustee is listed.

Comment

Did you redact the account numbers from your bank statements prior to sending them?

Comment

I would be wary as some Trustees accidentally just file (with the court) anything sent by a Pro Se, so it ends up on the docket. Most are okay with redaction with all but the last four (4) digits of the account number. I just blacked out (redacted) all but the last 4 digits. This allowed it to match my petition.

The better way to address this questions is to ask your specific trustee as to what they expect. But I think that redaction of the entire account number would be out of the question. You should follow the normal PII (personally identifying information) rules which is to redact all but the last four digits of account numbers.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X