This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SCNurse,

Awesome news for you!!!! I also wanted to mention that I am starting nursing school. I take it from your "name" that you are a nurse. Do you enjoy your nursing career? Are opportunities good in SC? I just relo'd from Georgia and desparately miss the south!!! I am outta the midwest when I finish school.

Comment

Oh one more thing SC Nurse. They were talking about people who filed on Clark Howard. Said it was fine to get a mortgage with bk today because rates are so low that it really does not make that much difference. I can vouch for that. My first home loan was 8.5 and I thought it was great! 9% sounds good, and you can refi later. Good luck!!!!

Comment

Hi SC Nurse,

There is good news for you. I am an underwriter for a mortgage co. in CA and can tell you that many Sub-prime lenders will do your loan. There are even some that will approve you even if you are 1 day discharged. Of course, your rate will be on the high side, but if you are desperate for a house this will the only route. You can refi it again after your bk is "seasoned" for a lower rate.

Comment

Hi Debtisbad,

I just graduated nursing school. I take boards next week. I've worked as a student nurse tech while I was in school and I have really enjoyed it! The opportunities in SC are pretty good, but I'm sure they are good everywhere because of the nursing shortage! Good luck with school!

Comment

Assuming rates are actually "lower" in two years. The way the Fed is going, in 2 years, 9% may sound like a great rate.
            Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
            Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
            Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I was wondering on any of you that are qualifying for loans let a house go during your bankruptcy? I ask because we are filing in July and can't decide if we should let the house go and just rent for awhile. Was wondering if foreclosure was on your record too? Thanks
              Filed: 08/09/06
              341: 09/18/06
              Discharged: 11/22/06
              Closed 11/30/06

Comment

I haven't posted in a while. However, I just closed on a property 5/08/06. I was discharged in September , but offically closed 1/26/06. I started the process of cleaning up credit in the month of feb. Someone was really looking out for me with cleaning up my credit. I didn't have too much to clean up. I'm FHA fixed 7.00. I'm going to make good payments and see if I can get below 6.00 after a 1-2 years. It can happen to you!!!!!

P.S I was in a chapter 13 and believe it or not, making timely payments of on my chapter 13 helped me out because, I didn't have any credit, just traditional credits.
                Living One Day At A Time

Comment

usda rural

We have a loan through usda and the rates are usually very good. it is a split mortgage, almost like an 80/20. the first part of the mortgage(the smaller portion) is through one of the banks that works w/them and second is usda. the only thing is you can't get a home equity loan when you have a mortgage through them and you do have to pay back what ever the subsidy is when either you sell your house or refinance. If it weren't for usda we would never have been able to get the house we got. they allow you to borrow more than if you went to a bank because they are subsidising a portion of your mortgage.

Originally posted by rst6pac
                  has anyone had any experience with the usda rural program? we just got our discharge. yyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa and a lender we were talking to said we may qualify for it

Comment

Scnurse.....try NLMC. I just got an FHA loan 12 months out of BK at 6.5%. They are a bank and lend there own money through FHA. They did wonders for me!
                    Last edited by Minnymouth; 06-23-2006, 09:02 AM.

Comment

I would start by pulling all 3 of your credit reports. If you go to a mortgage broker they will usually counsel you a bit. Don't be suprised if a lot of the things you filed BK on are still on your report. Start now because it will take time to dispute these items and have them removed. A good way to get your score hiked up is to have a friend or relative add you as an "authorized user" on their oldest credit card. ***BE CAREFULL WITH THIS THOUGH!!! Make sure they have not been late in the past 5 years or better and make sure they dont owe more than 50% of their credit limit. My mom did this for me right out of BK and my score raised 50 points (she added me to 2 cards). Even if you dont use the cards or ever even see the cards this will help tremendously!!! Mortgage lenders look at scores, scores, and scores!
                      This is a start. One other way to increase your score is to go to a local credit union and ask if they offer "secured loans". My credit union does. I put $500 to secure a $500 loan. I gave them my money and they gave me a loan for my $500. All the money you pay monthly goes into a cd that gains 2% and I only pay 4% interest on my loan. Much better rate than one of those high risk credit cards and this loan has a much better impact on credit than those credit cards!

Comment

Originally posted by miss puff
                        I was wondering on any of you that are qualifying for loans let a house go during your bankruptcy? I ask because we are filing in July and can't decide if we should let the house go and just rent for awhile. Was wondering if foreclosure was on your record too? Thanks
                        I've been wondering about the same thing too, Miss P.

We went thru all the lates, Notice of Default and Acceleration, and the actual Foreclosure process. We got a last minute offer that literally saved us on the day the Foreclosure Auction was supposed to take place. Our Foreclosure Tech called the Courthouse and stopped the Auction from happening. We've since sold and closed with the buyers.

I've PM'd a couple of the Lender Reps that post on here about our situation.

I want to know if we really saved ourselves anything or not, Credit wise, by selling the house ourselves.

I've read at several Credit reporting websites, you get dinged for the lates, you get dinged for the Notice of Default and Acceleration, you get dinged when your property is moved into Foreclosure. The only thing we dodged in the way of dings was the actual Foreclosure itself.

Did selling the property ourselves really salvage anything on our Credit??

But of course, the Mortgage Reps that post here never check their PM's. So I haven't gotten an answer to my question.
                        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                        Discharged - 12/2006
                        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Most of the Mortgages Reps that pop in here on the forum are here to ADVERTISE.............. not offer information.......

If they don't answer your PM - it should tell you something!!!! Right!!!

My thoughts,
                          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

I know, Minny.

I was just hoping that posting on the Board might draw someone out to answer my question!!
                            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                            Discharged - 12/2006
                            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

There are a few mortgage brokers that visit our site that might see your posting and give you an answer...... ones that don't advertise, yet give their suggestions and ideas.......

Good luck......

???? Did I read somewhere that scammer is a broker???? or just a landlord???
                              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

SF,

I have wondered the same thing about foreclosure. It seems like there are so many of them here. Anyway, I was talking with someone that owned a home in Conn. She said it took them years of payments to get out of being upside down and afford the realtor fee when they sold. Hearing things like that scare me to death about real estate. I just do not trust this economy. What if gas goes to $4 a gallon. What, if any, effect will that have on the housing market. My common sense tells me it would have a huge effect, but then my common sense told me that same about gas crossing over $3, which it has here. Every station is at 3.09 today. I just left the house to go get gas, spent 20.00. Tank is just a little above a quarter full. My gas light was on. I mean come on, this is ridiculous, how can we as Americans function with these prices! It has to effect housing, stock market, interest rates, ect, I would think.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X