REFI in Ch 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

REFI in Ch 13

OK, from what I gather from various posts it is possible to re-fi in a Ch 13. My situation is that I'm 2 years into a 5/1 ARM. I have never been late on my current house payment. 100% of my debt is unsecured (CC, medical, and promisory note I had to sign to keep my previous house out of foreclosure..it was a short sale).

So if I stay current on my mortgage and Ch13 payment plan I "should" be ok when my ARM comes due? Boy this has been the major stress factor in the run-up to filing. I've been flailing around to stay current on everything to keep my fico score high enough to re-fi before going under, but my debt ratio is too high...Even though I'm current on everything, some of my CC's have lately raised my rate from 13% to 20%...

Knowing I can possibly re-fi is a huge load off my mind.
    If I'm missing something major plz let me know.

Thanks

Originally posted by AreSoonParted View Post
    OK, from what I gather from various posts it is possible to re-fi in a Ch 13. My situation is that I'm 2 years into a 5/1 ARM. I have never been late on my current house payment. 100% of my debt is unsecured (CC, medical, and promisory note I had to sign to keep my previous house out of foreclosure..it was a short sale).

So if I stay current on my mortgage and Ch13 payment plan I "should" be ok when my ARM comes due? Boy this has been the major stress factor in the run-up to filing. I've been flailing around to stay current on everything to keep my fico score high enough to re-fi before going under, but my debt ratio is too high...Even though I'm current on everything, some of my CC's have lately raised my rate from 13% to 20%...

Knowing I can possibly re-fi is a huge load off my mind.
    If I'm missing something major plz let me know.

Thanks

Are you in a chapter 13 now? Or are you looking to file?
    Nick Kusan

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X