This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GettingGoing View Post
    What do you plan to do with your current house you live in? Sell it? Rent it out?
    Mom wants an FHA refi
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Listen to Marcer all, he knows what he's talking about! Thank goodness for some accurate information!

Comment

Originally posted by marcer View Post
        2. Eligibility for FHA-Insured Financing, Continued
        4155.1 4.A.2.g
        Waiting Period for Borrowers With Past Delinquencies, Defaults or Claims on FHA Loans

If the borrower has had past delinquencies or has defaulted on an FHA insured loan, there is a three-year waiting period before he/she can regain
        eligibility for another FHA-insured mortgage. The three-year waiting period begins when FHA pays the initial claim to the lender. This includes deed-in-lieu of foreclosure, as well as judicial and other forms of foreclosures.
        Is it different for foreclosure on non-FHA loans? Sorry if this has been answered before and I missed it.

Our Ch7 was discharged 11/2010 and the mortgage was IIB, but the lender didn't get off its a$$ and foreclose until almost a year later, 10/2011. The mortgage was a standard, non-FHA, fixed rate loan.

So -- if we want an FHA mortgage, do we have a 3-year wait or a 2-year, and does it start from 11/2010, or 10/2011? We're not in a big hurry to buy another house, I just want to know when we could realistically start looking.
        DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Marcer, I hope you still around this forum and can take a second to answer my question .... We discharged in 2010, condo was IIB and non-reaffirmed, we are STAYING in a condo till now and paying it accurately... We are planning to buy a new house with FHA loan now ... I understand that we satisfied all or the waiting period already, but my question is .... so we have to explain what we are going to do with our current discharged mortgage ?? or because it is discharged, non-reaffirmed, non-reported mortgage FHA will not care ? Appreciate your input... thanks!

Comment

A good-looking property is a property that will appeal to buyers, or even the FHA. Do you know the best way to get your sale house ready? Here are some tips for making your house FHA eligible - because buyers with an FHA home loan are plentiful, and you'll want to make sure that the FHA will be prepared to finance the purchase of your sale house

Comment

VALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE we gotta spammer here in our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
                VALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE we gotta spammer here in our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Not any more.
                LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LOL!!! thanks Lady! got 'em!
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Wondering if anyone has some success stories about buying a new home after Chapter 13 discharge? We're over 12 months post-discharge now and just starting to work with a lender. It would be nice to know that there are people out there who were approved between the 12 and 24 month marks post discharged. Would keep our spirits up, since right now we're just expecting rejection after rejection, even though we can more than afford a new home. Thanks!
                    Filed: 11/10; 341: 1/11; Confirmed: 2/11
                    49 payments down, 11 to go...

Comment

I shopped around for a refi 18 months after discharge. I was told by several brokers and direct lenders that I would qualify for an FHA loan, but I didn't want to pay for mortgage insurance, so I decided to wait another 6 months for the BK to fall of my reports. I think if you are willing to go with FHA and you have decent credit scores, you'll qualify. Be sure to shop around. Rates, fees and lender credits varied a lot.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Originally posted by cspa522 View Post
                        Wondering if anyone has some success stories about buying a new home after Chapter 13 discharge? We're over 12 months post-discharge now and just starting to work with a lender. It would be nice to know that there are people out there who were approved between the 12 and 24 month marks post discharged. Would keep our spirits up, since right now we're just expecting rejection after rejection, even though we can more than afford a new home. Thanks!
                        Did you try shopping for a mortgage right after discharge? I'm supposed to get my discharge next month and I am already working with a personal friend of mine that is a loan officer about obtaining an FHA loan. We want to buy new and new in So Cal will be greater than the FHA limit. I'll let you know how it goes- I'm expecting a denial; but the positive thing I have going is that my wife has excellent credit and was not on my BK.

Comment

Our Chapter 13 was discharged in March 2015. We surrendered our home in the BK, but the lender did not begin making collection efforts until after discharge. We finally sold it in a short sale in August 2016. So my question is, which waiting period applies before we can get a new loan. Do we have to wait three years from the date of the short sale (August 2019) for an FHA loan? Or, does only the two years from the date of the Chapter 13 discharge (eligible as of March 2017) apply? Since, the home was surrendered in the BK, I am hoping it’s the latter situation. Thank you in advance for any help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X