top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I was told I had to wait 4 YEARS to get a loan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was told I had to wait 4 YEARS to get a loan!

I was just goofing around online and filled out the information for ditech.com, out of curiousity. Anyway, a guy called me back and said that a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac backed loan now requires a 4 year wait after Bankruptcy.

I called our local bank (whom I had talked with a year ago) and he said that could be the case, but they don't do government loans, so he didn't know. He DID say that we could come talk to him in October of this year for a loan through his bank, that they only required 2 years.

Does anyone know if this is true?
    Petition Filed 6/4/07 :clapping:
    341 meeting 7/31/07 :clapping: :unsure:
    First Meeting Held and Trustee's Report of No Distribution 8/2 :yahoo::yahoo:
    10/15/2007 - DISCHARGED!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

If you want one sooner, you need to look at FHA. Your banker was probably referring to an FHA-backed loan. FHA requires 2 years out of bankruptcy or 3 years since your foreclosure... and a good recent credit history.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

He specifically said that the government backed loan rules have changed from 2 years to 4 years - I was wondering does anyone know if that is true or not?

Comment

Originally posted by demismom View Post
        He specifically said that the government backed loan rules have changed from 2 years to 4 years - I was wondering does anyone know if that is true or not?
        I haven't heard such for FHA-backed loans. Unless it was in the last 4 weeks... I haven't heard such. But I also don't have the FHA Handbook which was recently published.

If you're interesting in FHA-backed loans, then seek out an approved FHA lender.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I don't believe the house qualifies for an FHA loan - we would, but the house wouldn't.

Comment

I called around to local banks for a refi and one said 2 years after discharge and the other said 3 years. So they may be right.
            ~Chapter 13 "Old Law"~ per NDC SITE
            Filed: 6/04 * 341: 7/04 * Confirmed: 10/04 * Case Closed: 4/09 * Discharged: 6/09 *

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X