I need financing! Please read and help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need financing! Please read and help

I am in need of home improvement financing. 60 days ago I purchased a foreclosed home and I have been repairing it myself. So far I have completely replaced the entire plumbing, all the copper and PVC, I have replaced the floor and subfloor, I have completely gutted the bathroom and is replacing everything in there. I have some large things that need to get done, roofing, windows, HVAC. Here is my situation.

I have been discharged from a bankruptcy for 16 months. I bought the home free and clear(cash money), so being the first leinholder is not an issue. I recently ran my credit and my scores hover around 700. Income is not an issue either.

Please help me fix up my dream home

[personal info removed]
    Last edited by HHM; 08-23-2009, 06:00 PM.

You should remove your name and other personal information from this post.

Have you even tried to obtain traditional financing from a bank? FHA programs?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by keosborne View Post
      I am in need of home improvement financing. 60 days ago I purchased a foreclosed home and I have been repairing it myself. So far I have completely replaced the entire plumbing, all the copper and PVC, I have replaced the floor and subfloor, I have completely gutted the bathroom and is replacing everything in there. I have some large things that need to get done, roofing, windows, HVAC. Here is my situation.

I have been discharged from a bankruptcy for 16 months. I bought the home free and clear(cash money), so being the first leinholder is not an issue. I recently ran my credit and my scores hover around 700. Income is not an issue either.

Please help me fix up my dream home

[personal info removed]
      What are you asking for? You are on a bankruptcy forum. Not too many here to pay out charity contributions. Please advise as this is a helping place, not the Salvation Army. ?????? 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

If you're worried about the whole "FHA = 2yr wait" stuff, try walking into a small local bank.

Ask them if they "self fund" any of their loans.

Small town local banks often lend their own money, and will assess you based on credit and equity/income, ignoring the bankruptcy.

Comment

try getting a small personal loan or a home equity line/loan if you can. You'll need to show stable employment for either; along with a DSR around 25%.

If you haven't had any other lates/judgements etc since you filing; you may be able to find something with a 700 fico.

Try online as well. There's lots of sites out there. I know of a few that are actually pools of people that lend money to others. You'll want to google that. They have a minimum fico- i don't remember what it was...
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X