top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

*update* We FINALLY closed on our USDA Direct Mortgage!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*update* We FINALLY closed on our USDA Direct Mortgage!!!!!!

Our story can be found here: http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...age!-Our-story.

Just to update everyone, after an exhausting five months of being under contract, we are finally, finally, FINALLY closed on our new home!

USDA Direct has got to be the most ridiculous, obnoxious, poorly run lender I have ever dealt with...but if you're desperate, you're desperate...lol. We have our house and after declining the lame mod for the first house (IIB BK7 in 2007), we made the phone call to the lender for the first house and told them to come winterize and collect the keys. Have fun selling it!

Anyways...happy dance, we are ecstatic!

That is good to know.

Comment

Many, many congrats SweetPea!! So happy to hear it's finally over for you :-) !
      Filed Ch 7 Petition: 12/17/08
      341 Meeting: 01/14/09
      Discharged: 03/18/09
      Closed: 03/18/09

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Got any details on the closing process? Did you find a workaround on the title issue for the first house? Congrats on the close!
          Filed 12/04/2009
          341 Meeting 1/13/2010
          No Distribution Letter 1/14/2010
          60 Day Club

Comment

The closing actually went pretty quick once everything was lined up. I actually wasn't present for the closing itself...I showed up but then found out that I was supposed to have brought a certified bank check to the closing...so I had to run out and get one. By the time I got back, the closing was wrapping up...lol.

The quit-claim was the only work around that we really needed for the title on our first property. It was sufficient to satisfy USDA's requirements. Now, had the first property actually foreclosed before closing, I'm not sure what would have happened. But I don't think it would have been a problem.

Comment

SO happy for you Sweetpea!! i know it's taken a while for all this to happen for you!! best of luck with your new home!
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

I didn't think it would work out & I'm so glad I was wrong! Enjoy "Home Sweet Home"
                  There are two secrets for success in life:
                  1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Honestly, debee, we didn't think it would work either. There were SO many hurdles...between income issues (my husband was making too much because of OT that we know isn't going to be continuing, but has continued much longer than it should have), the possible foreclosure of our first property, the issues with USDA's funding, the issues with the house we bought...

We really didn't think it would work out. God is so good though! So...it can definitely be done. It's not easy, but it's a possibility for those that might not have any other options.

Comment

Congrats!

I hope to see more stories like this soon, as it's looking more and more like a good time to be buying.
                      Chapter 7 Filed 1/4/11
                      Discharged No-asset 4/1/11
                      And definitely NOT an attorney.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X