You can buy a home (new home) after CH7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can buy a home (new home) after CH7

I am proof and can provide you the closing documents. We were discharged April 2008 and purchased a home October 2011. Sure it took more than two years but building a new home takes time!
    I know I have surfed, searched, emailed and inquired A LOT of mortgage brokers, realtors and attorneys over the years and one thing is consitent. You WILL NEVER get the same answer from any of them. If I just stuck with the first "NO" I would still be upside down on my old home with a mortgage rate hovering 9.25%. As one attorney said to me, it seems mortgage companies are mixing the legalities with ethics. And that is confusing those of us looking for a way to purchase.
    And because my home is not a Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac nobody would touch me so we let it go. After all, the home was about $100K upside down, included in CH7 and because the gov't programs were a joke, we chose to walk. When I say "joke" I am saying the HAMP program is more like the CRAP program as they offered to push my mortgage from a 30yr to 40yr, yet still pay the 9.25%. What kind of help is that?

Anyway, if you want to know my process, feel free send me a personal message. I can show you how my wife and I did it. We AT NO TIME ever lied, mis-stated or provided any false information. The dual underwriting process (manual and automated) would catch you before you could whip up a scheme. We were honest, provided all documents and were able to have a brand new home built 3yrs from discharge date.

I hope this email gives some of you hope. I know when I was in your spot the chances were slim to none but we NEVER gave up.

Happy new year all!
    Filed: 01/23/08
    341 Meeting: 02/29/08
    Discharged: 04/30/08
    Closed: 05/12/08

Bingo!

If you have time, email me your process details. I am almost 2 years post discharge and am in a very similar situation. A lot of people are indeed mixing ethics or politics with what is actually legal. Corporations walk away from a bad investment and don't bring politics into their decision, its simply a financial and legal move. For some reason, people, probably out of jealousy, place a higher standard on what individuals do with their lives.

At any rate, if you could email me your details, I'd appreciate it.
    Filed 12/04/2009
    341 Meeting 1/13/2010
    No Distribution Letter 1/14/2010
    60 Day Club

Comment

I read up on some of your old posts and am very curious to know how you were able to work this out. Sending pm.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Not sure what the secret is ? 2 years post bk you are eligible for a mortgage and 3 from a foreclosure. If you have the income, rebuilt credit and assets then you can get a FHA loan. If your income sucks, your credit sucks or you have limited assets then it will be difficult to get a loan.
        logan

Comment

I filed Chapter 7 almost 2 years ago and included my house in the C7 we stayed current on all bills including the house up to the date of filing and came out with a mid 600 credit score. Still employed with the same employer for last 7+ years, income of $70,000 a year. Managed to save up $30,000 in cash and I'm looking to buy another house in the next year or so. I'd like to see your details on how you went through the process of achieving your goals of home ownership again. I believe my credit score is around if not 700 I have multiple credit cards that I use and pay off every month and car payments monthly, with zero late payments. The only thing I think may hurt is I rent a mother in law apartment from a family member with no official documentation for rental history.

Thanks

Comment

gophermn, why not post about your process rather than provide information by PM? This board works because people share information publicly. Your post reads like spam. I won't jump to the conclusion that you are selling something because you've been a member since 2007 and have 500 posts. But know that spam by PM is against forum rules and will result in banning. If anyone receives a sales pitch or links to offers for services in response to a request for further information, please report the PM.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X