Boiught a house this week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiught a house this week!

Just closed on a USDA mortgage this week! It has been a long journey, but it is done. We are 2 years and one month out of a BK (including our home). The home was sold at sheriffs sale in Feb 2012, out of our name in July. Many on here said it wasn't possible, well it is! I hope this gives hope to others like myself.

Fantastic!

Congrats and much happiness in your new home!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Did you have special circumstances and did you need to write a letter regarding your bankruptcy and foreclosure? It is not impossible and many programs will allow financing a home outside the guidelines if there are special circumstances.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
        Did you have special circumstances and did you need to write a letter regarding your bankruptcy and foreclosure? It is not impossible and many programs will allow financing a home outside the guidelines if there are special circumstances.
        We had to write a couple of paragraphs explaining why we went BK. In our situation it was a combination of high debt load, bad economy and income drop.

It was not easy, I made researching and getting approved for a mortgage a full time job. Had one friend who runs a large banks mortgage department tell me it would be another 1-2 years before we could ger financed. That reminds me I may need to call him today and gloat a bit, lol!

Comment

merry holidays!!!!!! what a gift.

goes to show, where there is a will, there is a way! you did it! congrats and best of luck in your new home!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
            merry holidays!!!!!! what a gift.

goes to show, where there is a will, there is a way! you did it! congrats and best of luck in your new home!
            Thanks, I am so mentally exhausted from worrying about it for the last couple months that it has not sunk it that it is done!

Comment

Originally posted by tradinglife View Post
              Thanks, I am so mentally exhausted from worrying about it for the last couple months that it has not sunk it that it is done!
              Could you PM me the name of the broker you used? I would really appreciate it. Thanks
              -Filed Ch7 pro se 04/14/2010
              -341 Meeting is 05/24/2010 (went uneventfully well)
              -Report of No Distribution 6/4/2010
              -Discharge 7/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X