Length of time at a job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Length of time at a job

Ok, I'll see if I can write this to make sense...

Chap 7 discharged 11-11, closed 1-12. House forclosed and sold at Sheriff sale 3-12.

We bought a house on a 6 year land contract 4-12. Got the money from my wife's 403k, I don't want to discuss if this was a bad choice or not. So we have 6 years to refinance it. Hoping to do it 3-4 years after the sheriffs sale. Anyway, I've worked full time 10 years at hospital A and worked a resource position (basically picking when I wanted to) at hospital B. Recently that has switched where my full time job is at hospital B where I've been there 4 years and I'm resource at hospital A. I want to quit the resource job that I have a 10 year work history but if I do will it hurt me at all when it comes time to refinance? I have 4 years at my new full time job. Thx for any advice.

2 years in the same career is the minimum.

Comment

Sometimes, it's acceptable if you are working in the same position with a similar employer for two years.

Comment

you have six years, worse scenario is you don't a mortgage, best is you will. however, you would have been paying rent the entire time. the only thing i am questioning is why you needed a down payment now? i have done land contracts where upon the approval of the loan, that is when the down payment is due. that way, i know the owner has tied up the home, however, it safe guards the potential buyer in case the mortgage falls through?

i still think you'll be fine! you'll get a mortgage by then. i believe they look more for consistency in employment nowadays, as many people have lost their jobs etc. like teachers moving from school to school system, they are still teaching the entire time.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I needed a down payment to get the seller to do the land contract to begin with. I'm in the medical field and I think my job is relatively safe. Of course you never know. Ill prob quit the one hospital then. I despise them but I'd tolerate them longer if it would help me refinance later. If it makes no difference I think I'll quit.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X