Finally getting into a house

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally getting into a house

Hubby and I ch 7 was discharged 2 years ago in may. We are finally moving in the direction to get a house. We had a few minor set backs due to some trips from Alabama to California so my daughter could testify against her dad in court. Now that we done with that we can move closer to buying our house.

I have a good friend who is moving to Georgia and wanted to sell her house. She didn't want it sitting on the market for months. I love the layout of her house and it is perfect for us. So we were talking and came up with us buying her house. So she is moving in May and we are moving into her house in June. We will lease it for a year so we can get a few more things paid down (cars mainly). We want to get the couple credit cards paid off since that was what we used for the trips to California. By June 2014 we should easily get a home loan. The husband and I are both Veterans so we will use our VA loan.

My friend, my husband and I are writing up a contract for this and having it signed and notarized just to cover all of us. The problem we are running into is we can't seem to find much online about the lease to purchase contracts. We all want to make sure it is done correctly.

If anyone can give me an idea were to look that would be awesome.

No info for you but just want to say Congrats! on finding a perfect solution.
    Someone will be along soon with help

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I would get a real estate attorney. This is probably pretty simple and shouldn't be crazy expensive.
      8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
      11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

it may be possible to do a land contract on the house and maybe assume the mortgage. i would most certainly seek the advise of a real estate atty and run it by them. make certain you stay friends and have a good contract that suits both your interests...it keeps life less messy
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X