Citimortage IIB Now Being Reported On Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citimortage IIB Now Being Reported On Credit Report

I filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Oct 2005, and it was discharged in Jan 2006. I had a mortgage with CitiMortgage and decided to stay in the house and continue paying, which I have done on time every month since. In the summer of 2006 CitiMortgage reported the account as IIB included in bankruptcy, as expected. A few months ago CitiMortgage started reporting this as an active open account. I haven't made any late payments and the account is marked "Paid As Agreed" with no negative indicators. It lists the original loan balance, the current balance, and shows the last 81 months of on-time payments. While some people would see this as a good thing, I'm concerned that CitiMortgage is reporting this as a debt when I don't owe it anymore. I'm afraid that one late payment and they will try to add it to my credit report. Also, I had also been considering walking away as the house is in need of major repairs that I can't afford), and the value of the house is still pretty low (I'm in Florida) and I'm conflicted on whether to borrow more money to put into a house that I hate. I know it seems weird to have waited so long.

Any one had experience like this? Is it normal for Citimortgage to have started reporting this mortgage again? I wonder if I should just leave well enough alone. The only contact I have had with CitiMortgage since the bankruptcy was about six months ago when I called CitiMortgage to ask them to allow me online access to my account, since I had grown tired of mailing physical checks to them instead of paying online. They said for me to fax a letter asking them to reinstate my online access, which I did. They never replied and I still don't have online access, and my statements still have the note on them about how it's for "informational purposes only, as this debt may have been included in a bankruptcy action". CitiMortgage has twice sent me documents via FedEx trying to get me to refinance the mortgage, but no way am I going to do that.

If they report something you don't like you can always dispute it later. This is not accurate reporting if the account is IIB

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X