Mortgage Lender asking for complete bankruptcy papers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Lender asking for complete bankruptcy papers

Is this normal/and or an acceptable requirement on their part? I thought we only needed to show discharge papers.

Thanks for any help.
    This forum is full of amazingly talented, intelligent and caring people.
    Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

yes this is normal - they need to see the complete papers. All (HUD/FANNIE/FREDDIE) lenders will require this. Good Luck!

Comment

LOL!!! well not in NC...i had 99.99% scores of over 700 and couldn't get dime. shoot and now they have our money and we still have no closing date!
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by cgfromnc View Post
        yes this is normal - they need to see the complete papers. All (HUD/FANNIE/FREDDIE) lenders will require this. Good Luck!
        Thank you so much for your reply (and luck)!
        Ch7 BK filed Pro se: 6/2011; 341 Meeting: 7/2011; Assets abandoned; Report of No Distribution: 8/2011; Discharged and closed 9/2011.

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          LOL!!! well not in NC...i had 99.99% scores of over 700 and couldn't get dime. shoot and now they have our money and we still have no closing date!
          Oh, that really stinks! We also have over 700's. Two banks (holding their own mortgage portfolios) already have all our paperwork (well, second one asked us for all our BK papers, which is why I posted, but first one did not) and both wrote pre-approval letters and sent to our builder. We ARE having to go FHA (because business failure is not "an extenuating circumstance" to either of the lenders...eventhough we have NEVER had a late payment...we filed for BK because we were draining our 401(k)s to pay for a business that was over. Anyway, although we are likely to go with one of the lenders with the lowest interest rate, we are going to give a couple of credit unions a try for the conventional loan.

Comment

i know i hear you. i just gave up. i'm paying cash and the rest can wait. but i just couldn't believe we had only need a few extra dollars and nothing so it's not meant to be i meant i have 99.99% down payment. that is why is stinks so badly!

we won't have mortgage! and last night i got the closing date of dec 15th, why not make it Christmas morning??
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              i have 99.99% down payment. that is why is stinks so badly!

we won't have mortgage! and last night i got the closing date of dec 15th, why not make it Christmas morning??
              WOW! That is insane (not getting the loan for a bit more)! Awesome that you won't have a mortgage, though. And, lol on closing date.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X