top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reaffirmed Mortgage but Credit report says Discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmed Mortgage but Credit report says Discharged?

In May of 2013 my husband fell ill and we could not pay our mortgage. Contacted Nationstar (holder of our first) and started the loan modification process and they knew we couldn't pay. Then in July of 2013 we declared bankruptcy but reaffirmed both of our mortgages. In August of 2013 my husband lost his job. I called Nationstar and they told me I would need to redo all the modification paperwork because of the change of income, which we did. We still hadn't paid our first but were current on our second.

Bankruptcy was discharged in November of 2013 and we have it in our final papers that we reaffirmed our first but I pulled our credit reports and it shows discharged in bankruptcy and the balance as zero. I will get emails every so often saying we have a message but it won't let me log into our account. so not sure what to do and afraid to call in case we are flying under the radar at the moment since my husband is still unemployed and we can't afford both mortgages. We are still paying our 2nd on time.

I can't tell you why it's being reported as such. The reporting could just be inaccurate and could change at any time. I would not question it since you are already behind in payments again. This is why we never ever suggest reaffirmation of a mortgage under any circumstance. I read an old post where you were filing Chapter 13? What ever happened to that (back in 2007)?

I don't know why you'd pay the second and not the first? I am sorry to read that you are back to square one, just 4 months after having been discharged. If you do find work, you could think about going into a Chapter 13. You would need to take a deep look at your finances and what you can really afford. I wish you luck.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

oh! i feel terrible for you. why in the world would your atty advise to ever reaffirm your house, that closed all doors for you? maybe if the mortgage is being reported like that just maybe it wasn't reaffirmed. have you checked your petition or did you sign a document with the bank reaffirming?
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

When we reaffirmed our Cars there was a waiting period between them reporting on our credit reports due to the "change your mind period" which i guess is 2-3 months.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X