Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Then I wonder what is going on he should be reported for being unethical. I don't care who they are I would say don't do business with them. Maybe he's running some of it from his home or something.
    Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 06:31 AM.
    Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

He's a broker and their brokers are all over the US.
      Filed 09/05
      Discarged 1/2/06
      Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Heads up folks!

My dad was supposed to close AGAIN this week Thursday.

Tom emailed him today to let him know that the loan expired a week and a half ago, and now it's got to go through the whole approval process all over again.

I sent the nastiest email and letter via fax that I could to his boss today since the damn phone lines don't work.
        Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-31-2006, 06:31 AM.
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Did you try calling the phone number I posted? The number I posted verrified that Tom worked for them. I had a feeling about this place. It sucks your dad has to go through this. I also feel for the people who are selling the house to him!
          Filed 09/05
          Discarged 1/2/06
          Closed 1/13/06

Comment

tin...what does NLMC stand for? Judging from your post the company and Tom are not one I want to do business with either. The obvious red flags have to be the constant delays in closing. Where did you hear about this company? And you are so right that is unfair if your dad loses his earnest money because of all these delays and sloppy paperwork. I would not stand for this at all...I would contact the Real Estate Commission in your area. We have a similar company in Tennessee who has finally been banished from real estate totally. He pulled the same kind of stunts on a number of consumers.

Comment

There was a poster "beenthere" that would go on and on about this company never saying how to contact them. (So he wouldn't be accused of spamming) but he'd give out the info in PM's.
              Filed 09/05
              Discarged 1/2/06
              Closed 1/13/06

Comment

Hey, Tin check your PM.

Comment

Allegantions are in my hand right now. No worries about that.

And since I have been a very productive member of this board for more than a year, I highly doubt that MY ethics will be called into question....

Ubelievable!
                  Last edited by Minnymouth; 08-17-2006, 03:43 AM.
                  BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

This person sounds like they work for the company. I don't see anyone else backing up the claims that have been for the posititive, only the negative.

Comment

Good News for Dad!!!

We called a new mortgage company this morning. My boss's son works at a mortgage company, and one of his friends there came highly recommended.

I went over all the paperwork at 10 AM this morning with a fine tooth comb. Then I emailed it all to Dad, and re-went over it with him again.

Dad's credit scores are 50 points higher than when he originally started this process (thanks to me!!) and he was able to get a 100% financing with an 8.6% interest rate.

They will have all the final closing papers ready for the closer on Thursday....

THANK GOD!

Comment

Thank goodness Tin, I am happy to hear that. Congrats to you and Dad.

Comment

Great news Tin.

I was on the other thread about NLMC and was hearing something about what they did to your dad but didn't know the full story - so I researched your posts so I could educate myself.

What your dad is going through is EXACTLY what I'm dealing with right now, although I haven't been able to get past the pre-approval and GFE part of it, never mind getting to the supposed closing.

I'm glad you posted your experience, it's a great way for all of us to make a more informed decision.

They really screwed your dad over by doing that. It's not just about dragging your feet - to put someone's life on hold and toss them around like a ragdoll is so unbelievably wrong, in a million different ways.

Although, like I said, I did not get that far w/ NLMC - I DID however rely on Tom's word and met w/ a realtor and decided to put my house on the market. We also met w/ another realtor who we signed on as our buyer's agent to look for a new house.

My blood is boiling to think I just got scammed into thinking they could help us. Tom and I spent many phone calls talking about how we're a younger family (I'm 29, hubby 26 and we have two children and a third on the way in about 6-7 weeks!) and how stressful a time it is and I just need someone to count on. I put everything right out there because so much was riding on this company and now it's looking pretty darn good that I am going to be left high and dry like so many others.

I have no idea what to do about getting into a new place now that the decision has been made (and ball is rolling) to sell our house. Unless we can get a loan through Countrywide (which we won't get pre-approved for another 30 days due to needing our scores up) - then we're pretty much homeless unless we find something really quick.

There's so much more to it than that. We wanted to make the move BEFORE school starts up because we planned to move to another town w/ a different school system. Now my older son is going to most likely have to start school and move in the middle of the year. We also really wanted to do all of this BEFORE our new one makes his appearance. We would have had plenty of time had I not been jerked around!

Ughh, I'm so stressed but oh well - like the old saying goes, "build a bridge and get over it". I probably shouldn't dwell on it right now and just organize myself and get a plan B together.

Thanks for keeping us posted on your dad.. it's great to hear things are working out well for him.
                          BK filed Oct. 05
                          Discharged June 06

Post BK (pre-dispute) scores (as of 8/15/06):
                          Equifax: 549
                          Experian: 545
                          TransUnion: 554

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Indoor cats live an average of 17 yrs, outdoor only 4 yrs - you do the math.

Comment

Fantastic news for your dad, Tin! He's very lucky to have such a wonderful child - you really made a difference for him in this situation! You must be so relieved that everything has turned out so well!
                            I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                            06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                            07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                            10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                            01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                            09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                            06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                            08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                            Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Sounds like you've really had a rough time of it, macahs. Sure wish there was something more we could do for you than just listen, but we are here to do that any time you need to vent.

Con men are smooth as silk - they make their money on being your best friend and making you believe they care about you when all they want is your money. I hope that someday this Tom person finds himself desperate for help and gets treated the very same way he is treating others now.

And to those posting that we aren't being forgiving enough of Tom, whether he can actually deliver these loans or not isn't what is important. He's leading desperate people in desperate situations on promising what he can't deliver when he says he can deliver it. At worst that's a scam, and at best it's a lie. Either one is enough for me to never want to do business with him, ever.
                              I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                              06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                              07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                              10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                              01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                              09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                              06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                              08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                              Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Your last paragraph says it perfectly. Well put.

Thank you for the kind words. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on what happens w/ NLMC (not that I think I'm going to pursue that anymore, I may just want to hear Tom's reasoning for everything) but also what happens to us in regards to selling/buying/moving, etc.

Originally posted by lrprn
                                Sounds like you've really had a rough time of it, macahs. Sure wish there was something more we could do for you than just listen, but we are here to do that any time you need to vent.

Con men are smooth as silk - they make their money on being your best friend and making you believe they care about you when all they want is your money. I hope that someday this Tom person finds himself desperate for help and gets treated the very same way he is treating others now.

And to those posting that we aren't being forgiving enough of Tom, whether he can actually deliver these loans or not isn't what is important. He's leading desperate people in desperate situations on promising what he can't deliver when he says he can deliver it. At worst that's a scam, and at best it's a lie. Either one is enough for me to never want to do business with him, ever.
                                BK filed Oct. 05
                                Discharged June 06

Post BK (pre-dispute) scores (as of 8/15/06):
                                Equifax: 549
                                Experian: 545
                                TransUnion: 554

SPAY/NEUTER your pets!!

One female cat and her kittens can theoretically produce 420,000 cats in a 7 year period!!! SPAY/NEUTER!!!!

Indoor cats live an average of 17 yrs, outdoor only 4 yrs - you do the math.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X