top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-qualified on Capital One after Discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-qualified on Capital One after Discharge?

As I await discharge papers probably next month. I burned CapOne for $300 that's it. Anyway, I know Capital One is the most bankruptcy friendly credit card provider and I was wondering if it's wise to try their Pre-qualified Capital One credit card on website including inputting my SS number although it says it won't impact my credit inquiry/score.

Let's say, they would approve for this card, should I go ahead and app it?

Thanks

If it won't result in the inquiry, then I supposed there is no harm. If you apply for pre approval now and are rejected, I wonder if the fact that you recently applied will jeopardize your chances at approval later. I don't really see the point in doing it before you are discharged. You aren't likely to be approved until after discharge.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

LITR, I haven't applied at any cards or loans while in BK7 awaiting discharge papers. Just wanted to know to be prepared awhile after discharge (and everything in my credit reports shows IIB). I just want to rebuild my credit after a nasty divorce where ex-wife charged up my cards when she knew I was about to ask for separation for good!

Comment

The pre-qualifier does NOT put an inquiry on your credit. There is no harm in checking it. I would not accept anything until I was discharged, however.

Does the card that they pre-qual you for have an annual fee? The pre-qualified me for an AF card, but AF cards are terrible so I applied for a non-AF CapOne card and was approved. Did it within the first week or two after discharge.
        Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by TXskyblue View Post
          The pre-qualifier does NOT put an inquiry on your credit. There is no harm in checking it. I would not accept anything until I was discharged, however.

Does the card that they pre-qual you for have an annual fee? The pre-qualified me for an AF card, but AF cards are terrible so I applied for a non-AF CapOne card and was approved. Did it within the first week or two after discharge.
          Curious, did you burn Capital One when you got approved within few weeks after discharge, TXskyblue?

Comment

i applied for a cap one secured card two days after filing.i was approved i did not burn them tho. i

Comment

Originally posted by postie View Post

Curious, did you burn Capital One when you got approved within few weeks after discharge, TXskyblue?
              No, I didn't. It doesn't matter to CapOne, though. I've read plenty of anecdotes of people filing BK on CapOne and getting a CapOne card the day they are discharged.
              Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

$300 credit line with a $75 app fee, another $100 yearly fee, both applied to the card immediately and 26-28% interest. Went right in the trash

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                  $300 credit line with a $75 app fee, another $100 yearly fee, both applied to the card immediately and 26-28% interest. Went right in the trash

Funny because I just received this offer in the mail the other day. I already have a Cap One card with $4500 line that they recently raised unsolicited with no fees and it is a rewards card so found it funny that they would send me this offer.
                  I understand paying an annual fee if it's your 1st card out of BK but to add in the other fees shows the desperation some people have to get credit.

Comment

I called Capone and explained by situation after my bk. There was no impact on my credit score and I was approved over the phone with a $2500 limit and a $39 annual fee. I suggest giving them a call.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X