Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit card application

I pulled my credit reports.

I am floored. My score is 714. It was 810 before I filed, so I guess I would take a big hit...but...I never thought it would still be even this good.
    I read that the "big" hit comes when the discharge happens (about 5 weeks from now). It is going to be another 100 point hit then?

Is it better to try to get another card now...or will I be rejected because of no discharge yet?

Does it makes sense to try to capitalize on the 714 before the next big drop?

My wife's and my score were both 800 before filing. Our discharge was 3 months ago and her score is at 710 and mine is 700. I would wait until after the discharge before getting another card. We were both approved for Capitol One cards only weeks after filing. We thought it would be much worse that this.

Comment

Well....

After I posted this...I saw another drop in score, then another, and then another!! I landed at 540 (average). I do not know why. To this day I do not know why I saw nearly a 300 point drop. No one else I have ever heard of had this happen.

Comment

I was shocked at how high my score was immediately after discharge.

Not sure why your score dropped so low. Do you have a lot of lates? Lates will kill your score.
        Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X