Discover IT secure CC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discover IT secure CC

I was trying to apply for a Discover IT secure credit card, but got declined due to having wrote off the debt on their regular card when I filed chap 13...
    anyone has any idea how long before they "forget" that (if ever) ? it was for about $6000.
    I also wrote off some debt on a Cap one CC, wonder if I should bother with their secure card application...

thanks.

I only know that American Express has a mind like an elephant; they never forget. I'm unsure what Discover does but I was offered the secured card after applying. I did not take the offer.

How long ago was your bankruptcy discharged? Was it less than 2 years ago?
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just got out back in aug of 2016...funny thing that an offer from Captial one just came in the mail...(unsecured CC up to 1500), I won't even bother with that...

Comment

If you're rebuilding, "that' may be a good starter card to get the ball rolling. CapOne seems to like to give automatic credit line increases as well at certain intervals based on your good payment and credit history.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Capital One has a prequalification page that will give you an indication of what you can get. They are very BK friendly and will enroll you in something they call "credit steps". After making 5 on time monthly payments, they will automatically raise your limit by $500. I got one literally days after discharge and was given a $3000 limit. They were IIB too so I am thrilled.

Comment

ok, I will give them a try...its just that I think I wrote off 10k+ with them when I filed...

Comment

OMG, I feel so dumb...I applied for that mail offer online and got approved for $1500...was so happy...
              Then I found out its from CREDIT ONE, not Capital One...sigh...they totally tricked me...the logo and everything loos exactly the same if one's not careful...

Comment

Some good news...after I got duped by CreditOne, I decided what's the harm and also applied for the real CapitalOne card...got the quicksilver one for $3000!
                I then had my wife apply, and she got it too at $3000....Good thing CapitalOne doesn't hold a grudge like AMEX and Discover : )

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X