Credit after B/B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit after B/B

I am looking for an unsecured credit card with no registration fees or annual fees. That will provide me FICO scores, It needs to report to all three credit Bureus

I filed B/K in 2016. I do not care about my credit line

Chris

It will certainly depend on your FICO score at the time of applying. I like the Citibank Hilton Honors VISA Signature card at 15.74% (no balance transfer offer, no annual fee). I also have the Citibank Diamond Preferred Mastercard at 13.49% with no annual fee and a 0% purchase and balance transfer period of 21 months.

Interest rates and offers will vary. You need at least a 680 FICO (Score 8) to probably get those rates or those cards.

You may also look at "more" BK friendly issuers like Barclays and Capitol One.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I just finished B/K in July of 2016. I have no credit cards now. This is my first step

Chris

Comment

Look into Capitol One. They have a prequalification tool although I don't know if that tool is accurate. Maybe some one else has other suggestions for a "recently" discharged person.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you so much. Their fees is my concern. I may have to pay for some. I am at the thinking and looking stage right now

Chris

Comment

You have to start somewhere and you may need to "pay" a little to get there. Many people, who have stood in your same shoes, went the route of a secured card as their first foray back into the credit jungle. After having that secured card for 6-12 months, they then forage their way deeper into the jungle and go for an unsecured card.

Of course, you mileage, hence your journey, may vary.

Comment

Also check out a service Discover is offering everyone -- whether or not they have a Discover card -- that provides free FICO scores.

Comment

Thank you for your help.

Chris

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X