• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denied for Secured Credit Card

I just got denied for a Capital One secured Card
    What is my next option?. My B/K was July 2016

Chris

Did you BK (discharge) something from Capitol One? I don't know what your scores look like. You may want to check your real FICO scores. You may want to try a credit union since they are better when your FICO-specific score models (TransUnion: VantageScore 3.0-FICO Score 4, Experian: Bankcard Score 8-FICO Score 2, Equifax: Beacon 5-FICO Score 5). Some creditors may use FICO 8 or their own scoring model, but it just so varies. The credit unions typically use the former models I listed by name with many credit unions using Experian Bankcard Score 8 (FICO Score 2).

Happy hunting.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Yes i discharged from Capital One
      Where do I get free FICO score?

I would like to apply for another secured card with no fees and reports to credot Bureas
      Thanks,

Chris

Comment

Capitol One is not nice about a recent BK on one of their credit cards. The other poster mentioned the Discover Cards has a free FICO score. You could also use the FAKO (fake FICO) score at Credit Karma to get an idea of how you are doing. Neither would affect your credit score.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thank you
          Which secure card wiuld you recommend?

Chris

Comment

Through a local credit union! If you are with NFCU, USAA, PenFed, Digital Credit Union or countless others, or can join, I would go that route. Most of those listed won't even run a credit report if you are using a share account as the deposit for the credit card!

Comment

Did you try Barclays for an unsecured card?

If you set up a CreditKarma account, they will list cards and your likelihood of being approved based on your credit reports.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

For what it's worth:

Navy Federal Credit Union (NFCU) will cost you a hard inquiry for their secured card. The card offers rewards, has no annual fee and is evaluated for graduation to an unsecured card after 13 months.

State Department Federal Credit Union (SDFCU) will not pull your credit. Their card offers rewards, has no annual fee, but will never graduate.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X