top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adverse consequence to son adding me as authorized user on his credit card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adverse consequence to son adding me as authorized user on his credit card?

My son has a Barclay card with a high limit in good standing. My chapter 7 is supposed to discharge today, I was considering having him add me to his card as an authorized user for emergency purposes only which means I won't use it unless I absolutely in a dire scenario.

My concerns are
    1) does my chapter 7 in any way adversely effect his credit if i'm an authorized user on his credit card?
    2) since his card is Barclay, is there any possibility they may revoke or close his card in retaliation, because Barclay was also a debtor that was discharged in my bankruptcy?
    3) are there any down sides at all to me getting added to his credit card as authorized user?

Adding you as an AU will not affect is credit. I can't imagine Barclays would cancel his account. They would be more likely to refuse to add you as an AU if they had a problem with you having the BK.

Being an AU means that the card will be listed on your credit reports, with the available credit, balance and any late payments being reported on your report. It can hurt or help your credit rating. Being an AU on my husband's card during my entire Chap 13 definitely helped my credit rebuilding.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you for the advice!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X