No announcement yet.

What was your credit score pre-filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is 570 and I am getting ready to file. I will check in 30 days to see if it's gone down.
    Filed Chapter 7 pro se 09/28/07
    341 on 10/25/07-no asset case
    341 held, awaiting discharge

Comment

I am ashamed to admit that my score is at 420 . I have yet to file but will be doing so within a month. Pre Credit disaster I was at 720.

Comment

per equifax mines is 510
        Filed BK on 10/19...
        341 Meeting Scheduled 11/26 @ 10am
        Discharged 1/30/2008

Comment

As of 2 weeks ago I was around 525... a year ago I was at 645 before I skipped out on payments and had my vehicle repo'd

Not that bad of a drop for over a year of no payments on about 15 accounts
          (X) - Filed Chap 7 - 11.14.2007
          (X) - Free and Clear - 2.22.2008
          PreBK Scores - 467/428/434 (11/22/2007)
          PostBK Scores - 571/604/583 (3/15/2008) - Rebuilding Begins!

Comment

ours was 600 give or take a few points 1 month before filing and went to low 500 2 days before filing after discharge low 400s and 1.5 month later 538 so more than 100 point rise in 1 month after discharge that is just from removing old bad credit and listing t included in bk some were just deleted and we have 2 new credit cards that have not reported yet cant wait to see how much it goes up when it does report
            Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

Right after our initial consult with the lawyer, we ran our scores. Mine was about 740 (742 to be exact I believe), and the wife's was 698. We're going to be getting that "monthly credit monitoring thingy", but I'd be really interested to know what my score is.

In truth, it really is irrelevant. My wife and I have decided to stick to a strict cash and carry policy on everything except future real estate purchases (college tuition for my MS & Doctorate as well, but I consider them to be an investement, not a debt per se). Sure we plan on having one or two cards with VERY small limits that we pay off monthly just to keep the lines open and bump our scores, but we are done with consumer debt.

Like I always said for many years before I met my wife and learned (the hard way) about the evils of CCs:

If I can't pay cash for it, I don't need it.
              Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
              341: 2/6/08
              Discharged: 4/11/08
              Finally closing: ???

Comment

Great signature line BTW, familyof7! Definitely made my day.

<- Works in customer service field. But only for 5 more days.
                Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
                341: 2/6/08
                Discharged: 4/11/08
                Finally closing: ???

Comment

I voted in the range that, when I tried to refinance my car and was rejected, the guy told me over the phone the number, 540. I think a month or two after that was when I filed.
                  Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
                  Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
                  Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
                  11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

how do you find out your score?
                    pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                    filed ch7 6-12
                    341 7-25
                    Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

So then, what is the lowest score you can get?

Like can you get Zero or negative (-100)?

Comment

they say 350 is the lowest but who knows with FICO

Comment

I was at 499 just before filing and my wife's was at 580. We discharged March '07 and I checked our scores in late January '08...mine is up to 578 and my wife's is 670. Time and paying on-time does wonders for the scores!
                          Filed: 12/08/2006
                          Discharged: 03/22/2007
                          Closed: 01/30/2008

Comment

Originally posted by emoney View Post
                            Before filing my middle score was 825, and one month after filing it droped to 624. Nine months later it is now back to 699 due to agressive action on my part.
                            Regards,
                            emoney
                            What did you do for aggressive action??
                            Schel
                            Discharge 1/19/2009

Comment

I tried to buy a car in Oct 07 and I was told my credit score was like 389 or so. According to truecredit.com my scores are TU-626, EX-508, EQ-604. I was just discharged last week. I have a lot to fix on Experian and a little less to fix on the other two. Slowly but surely has become my mantra.
                              LifeNLemons In Nevada and Broke
                              Filed Pro Se: 12.03.07 341 Meeting: 01.10.08 Last Day for Objections: 3.11.08
                              Switched back to No Asset - Here we go!! Discharged: 3.12.08

Comment

March of this year my score was 721.
                                1 dilenguency dropped my score to: 599 as of June 2008.
                                That 1 dilenguency dropped my score almost automatically way down, and then cc's started lowing my credit lines, and closing account that I was not active.
                                Now--who knows, I am afraid to look!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X