No announcement yet.

What was your credit score pre-filing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My FICO was 524 a month before filing - which included months and months of being late on everything and a house about to foreclose on.

I'll have to update you post-discharge, but at this point, I don't care what my FICO is. I don't need credit anymore and therefore don't have a need for a FICO.
    Filed Chapter 7 on 2/22/11, 341 meeting held 3/30/11, relief of stay on foreclosure 4/12/11, relief of stay on auto 5/17/11, Discharge on 6/6/11!

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
      If you get savings/checking accounts with a credit union called PSECU (Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union), they provide as a service the Experian FICO monthly for free..
      Yes, that's an option. I don't even want to know how many people joined that CU just to get this particular score. Although I'm a "credit-fanatic", joining a CU just for that purpose goes too far for me..
      Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
      FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
      FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I just saw this thread...ok guys - my credit .... sucked anyway, but...spouse just filed Ch 13, and we just had a repo posted (OH and by the way!!! We were in a debt management plan - dear TARGET not only charged off my card BUT did it AFTER accepting six months of payments from the credit counselors AND taking payments from my checking account AND sending me a notice that they accepted plan - oh well). Anyway...

Checked credit - whoooaaah! "F" on Transunion - score is the minimum 501. According to it, there are ZERO% of people worse then me!!! YEAH!!!!! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
          According to it, there are ZERO% of people worse then me!!! YEAH!!!!! :-)
          Congrats! That makes you "special"..
          Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
          FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
          FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
            Congrats! That makes you "special"..
            Yep!!! I'm now the worst of the worst of the worst!!!! Much LOL'ing here!

Comment

Just got our discharge papers in May 2011, Yippie!

There is a free website for fico (aka fako) score (it's q simulated score based on transunion's own calculations), but it's close.

go to www.creditkarma.com - it's really close to the real score. read about how they calculate the score and how it is based against the standard fico.

I'm using it as my baseline.

My score is 689 !!!

Comment

My Credit Karma score was an abysmal 458 before filing. It is now a 640. Not great but back from the dead anyway.

Comment

Pre-filing scores TU-530 EQ-558 EX-564

I filed ch7 on 4/19/2011
                  341 meeting on 5/25/2011

I will update post discharge scores

Comment

According to Truecredit I'm an F - my credit is WORSE than everyone else in the country!

Hoooaaahhhh!!!

Comment

Although I have never actually paid money for a "real" FICO score (don't plan on applying for any credit, so I don't care), I do use the Credit Karma website to track my "progress". Amazingly, my score increased by 7 points--from 513 to 520--when my T-Mobile charge-off was sold to a JDB last week, and my total reported indebtedness went down by that amount!

BTW, I have 5 "negative accounts" according to Credit Karma, although really the number is much higher. I have a charged-off Citibank Mastercard, a charged-off Discover card, a charged-off overdrawn bank account, a charged-off cellphone, and approximately 3 or 4 medical bill collections. So I was actually expecting a much lower score, maybe even in the low 300's!

Comment

My CreditKarma is:

592 (Transrisk)
                        585 - F (VantageScore)

Just paid the last of my Ch 13, will update once discharged. I have an 11-year-old mortgage in this also so I might get a few extra point from that. (Just posting this so I remember what they were when I check back after discharge).
                        February 2007 - Filed for Chapter 13, began 100% repayment plan.
                        August 2011 - Final payment mailed off.
                        December 2011 - Chapter 13 discharged.

Comment

Still waiting on discharge, but my scores dropped over the last month. Not sure why, I haven't had any new credit activity, paying mortgage on time, etc.

578 (Transrisk)
                          580 (VantageScore)

Comment

I just filed bankruptcy on Tuesday and I checked yesterday and my score is a whopping 334.... I might as well dig a hole and throw myself in it....This is going to be a process....

Comment

You guys want to know what's REALLY stupid? My score from TransUnion was 501 (that's their BOTTOM score - lower than EVERYONE in the known universe!!! according to them)...today - get an update...HSBC credit card charge off, a repo charge off...and...score is "up" to 547! That's how you know this BS makes no sense!!!

I had an almost 50 point INCREASE from my credit becoming...worse!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmh View Post
                                Still waiting on discharge, but my scores dropped over the last month. Not sure why, I haven't had any new credit activity, paying mortgage on time, etc.

578 (Transrisk)
                                580 (VantageScore)
                                Well just to update, I received my discharge in the mail yesterday. I haven't moved so much as a point on the two above scores since I last posted. Still current on the mortgage, all debt now gone, I'm hoping for a little bump once my discharge registers with them.

At this stage I'm preparing to pull my TU, Experian & Equifax reports and send them a copy of my discharge. Once that's done I'll grab one of those Orchard Bank credit cards and start the credit rebuilding process.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X