need advice on re-building credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need advice on re-building credit

I'm not sure what I need to do at this point. BK7 was discharged in 01/06. My credit report shows 7 credit cards discharged in BK. It doesn't show any incorrect information, so I'm not sure what people mean when they talk about disputing things.

Equifax credit score is 656. This is actually a little higher than when I bought my house.

Accounts in good standing:
    Mortgage, paying as agreed for 2 years
    Student loan, paying as agreed for 5 years
    Sears card, $0 balance on $6,000 limit, always paid as agreed, open 4 years

I don't have any desire or need to have any other credit cards. However my mortgage is an ARM and I need to re-finance at some point in the next 3 years. Is there anything else I should be doing now in order to get the best rates when I re-finance?

Consider yourself lucky. Some people come out of discharge with a better starting point than others. Onward.

Comment

This is for anyone who has been discharged, but I would highly recommend that you attend (name removed) Life After Bankruptcy seminar. It's FREE and has a TON of great information in it.

I did it after my BK and have been glad that I did. You can signup online on their website if you didn't already get an invite in the mail from them

url deleted

I can't say enough about their seminar. It was worth the 4 hours and did I mention it is FREE?

Great stuff. He kind of pushes a few products towards you, but how else do you expect him to give you the information free. There is no pressure to buy anything from them.
      Last edited by BassBoy; 05-18-2007, 08:26 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X