Very curious Credit Report situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very curious Credit Report situation

I was discharged for a 100% Chapter 13 early last December. In an effort to rebuild credit I applied and have been turned down 3 times in the past months. Each time the creditor to which I applied gave the reason "Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable" or a slight variation. I spoke with one and they said I had a Beacon score of 0.

I have a mortgage in good standing...had the mortgage since July 2001 along with a small number of very old credit accounts. I've was cash only before the bankrutpcy was filed in 2002. No active credit other than mortgage.

I've requested copies of my reports and all seem fine...accurate data, mortgage is reported, bankruptcy discharge, addresses correct.

Anybody heard of this?
    Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

If I understand you correctly, it's only been 6 months since your BK discharge? I don't think you need to rush to re-build credit, especially if you are still in your home. Is there anything urgent you need to get financing for?

I waited 16 months after our discharge to apply for ANY kind of credit. And didn't even really need to at that point, but we will want to re-finance our mortgage in a couple years, so I thought it was probably about time to start working on that FICO score.

I responded to an offer I got in the mail from Juniper Bank for a MC with no annnual fee, at 8.9%. Applied online and was immediately approved for $2,500.

If you're patient, the credit terms available to you a year from now will be much more favorable than anything you can get now.

Comment

I'm not in search of credit for any financial reasons. I'd like a cc as opposed to a debit card for hotels, on line and travel.

I'm more concerned about the message I've received that the credit issuing companies consider my file as missing information as if the file doesn't exist.

The only offers I've received are from local car dealers who obviously mailed out flyers to recent local bankrupcty discharge recipients....I've not received anything from any national companies who purchase data from a national credit reporting agency.

It is the phrase: "Credit bureau information is missing or unavailable" that I find unsettling.

Thanks.

Comment

call the credit bureau that provided the info and ask them why. You can request that they provide the creditor with an updated report if it was an error.
        Chapter 7 Pro Se....Discharged Feb. 2006

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X