Sample Letters to Creditors/CRA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sample Letters to Creditors/CRA's

Does anybody have a site or an exaple of a good letter that can be used to clear up items on your credit report?

Click Here for basic examples of various letters that you may need to type. Keep in mind that your letter will need to be specific to the matter at hand.

Good Luck!
    Last edited by HRx; 12-05-2006, 08:11 AM.
    The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

THANKS TODD

That's a LOT of usefull letters to draw from.
      Can this be made a "sticky note"temporarily?

I'm sure others can use it too or are hunting this info!

Have a good one,

Minny
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Good idea Minny!
        The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

Thanks for the info this will be very helpful.

Comment

Just wanted to say I have been using the letters provided and just look at my scores!
            Filed 09/05
            Discarged 1/2/06
            Closed 1/13/06

Comment

can anyone reccomend a letter to write directly to a creditor who refuses to allow your status on cr to be changed? I have tried disputing this with cra and it always comes back that creditor says information is correct
              filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

rst6pac, did you get this resolved? I have a creditor that shows an open account with a $7700 balance that I included in my BK. Just wondering if you were able to get yours taken off.

Thanks

BK Filed 10/13/05
                BK Discharged 2/3/06

Life after BK:
                Orchard Bank: $300
                Hooters Card: $1000

FICO: 603
                ....still working on rebuilding

Comment

not yet but we have a broker that is doing some repairs at this time maybe he can get farther than I did. He said all he needs is the proof and he can make them change the status and the score
                  filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

Originally posted by rst6pac
                    can anyone reccomend a letter to write directly to a creditor who refuses to allow your status on cr to be changed? I have tried disputing this with cra and it always comes back that creditor says information is correct
                    This is what I am going through!!! I sent Transunion copies of the discharge papers, etc. because the first time I disputed the errors, the accounts came back verified. So I sent them the proof. I got a letter saying the accounts were verified and that my requests are frivolous!!!!
                    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
                    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

are there any spiffy recon letters out there?
                      10 pc wings...........$6.99
                      hunt club shirt........$15.95
                      the smile on my face when i use my hooters mastercard.......priceless
                      PCS, Repo Man

Comment

Originally posted by Sickthing View Post
                        are there any spiffy recon letters out there?
                        You've pulled up an old thread, st - that's a violation of forum rules:

• All BF users agree not to "bump" old threads, unless there is a specific benefit to the community by doing so.

In the future, please start a new thread when you have questions like this - thanks.

And for your "spiffy recon letters", check the Sample Letters and Forms section.
                        I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                        06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                        07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                        10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                        01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                        09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                        06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                        08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                        Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Of course, the best practice is to send the letter via certified mail, return receipt requested, and to retain a copy for your records.

Comment

ConsumerAtty, please do not post to old threads. The other moderator was enforcing a forum rule not re-opening the discussion on this topic. You are free to open a new thread on this topic.
                            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by justbroke View Post
                              ConsumerAtty, please do not post to old threads. The other moderator was enforcing a forum rule not re-opening the discussion on this topic. You are free to open a new thread on this topic.
                              Why sticky something if you don't want responses?
                              7-2-2009 Filed
                              8-28-09 341 Concluded, no assets
                              10-28-09 DISCHARGED/CLOSED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X