top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any gas cards for people like us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any gas cards for people like us?

I was thinking about getting a gas card to use for gas purchases, for use when I've run out of money, payday is on Friday and I'm on E... and also to keep track of my gas spending.

Are there any gas cards out there that are BK friendly?

I keep track of my gas spending by putting it in MS Money. That's one way to track spending and show trends.
    Chapter 13 Filed "Old Law"
    Filed: 6/2003 Confirmed: 3/2004
    Early pay off sent: 10/05/2007 - 9 months early
    11/16/2007 - Discharged!

Comment

I second the use of MS Money. It's one thing to budget for your monthly bills. This thing will track what you have spent on everything else (eating out, movies, etc) and give you a realistic picture of your future cash flow. You can even track your credit card spending as well as net worth, taxes, etc, etc, etc.
      Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
      341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
      Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
      Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

Comment

I dont know of any gas cards that are bk friendly, the problem is that most of the gas cards are not issued by exxon or shell, but are issued by the "big boys" citi chase etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by cali girl View Post
          I was thinking about getting a gas card to use for gas purchases, for use when I've run out of money, payday is on Friday and I'm on E... and also to keep track of my gas spending.

Are there any gas cards out there that are BK friendly?
          Hello Cali Girl,

My sister filed chapter 7 bankruptcy in October 2005. And by March 2006 she got a pre-approval notice from Speedway for a gas card. Her initial credit limit was $200. Which I think is sufficient if you are trying to make ends meet before payday.

Believe me I understand where you are coming from. Just pay off the balance for the weeks gas when you get paid and you won't get further in the hole.

So give Speedway a try if they are in California. Also try CITGO. My sister got a pre-approval application from those guys as well.

Comment

Maybe try QuickTrip if ya'll have those out there. They're issued by their own bank in Missouri and they're all over the place around here.
            Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

I was searching for a rebate gas card a while ago...Marathon offers one, it's not a visa/mc, so you can only use it at marathon. According to posters at whogavemecredit.com it's quite easy to get.

The marathon visa card from chase is probably another story....don't even bother with anything from chase.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something here, but can you get a low limit credit card (visa or MC) and just dedicate it as your gas card? That way you'll use it solely for that purpose and pay it off each month. It will fill in the gaps between paydays, and you'll have an active tradeline showing! What do you think?

Comment

How about prepaid debit card, just for gas/emergency situations.
                  Put money on it and forget about it until you really need it.

EDIT: I just browsed online for a bit, and all the gas cards are offered by bigger banks, just like someone already mentioned it.
                  Last edited by MidwestGuy; 03-24-2008, 10:19 PM.
                  March 13, 2008 - Chapter 7 filed.
                  April 15, 2008 - 341 Meeting.
                  June 16, 2008 - Deadline for objections
                  June 20, 2008 - Case closed!

Comment

Gas Card

Originally posted by bkdone View Post
                    Maybe I'm missing something here, but can you get a low limit credit card (visa or MC) and just dedicate it as your gas card? That way you'll use it solely for that purpose and pay it off each month. It will fill in the gaps between paydays, and you'll have an active tradeline showing! What do you think?

The low limit visa and MC's are an option as well. The gas credit cards report to the credit bureaus as well. If the decision was up to me. I'd apply for just a gas card, to help me out with gas and pay off the balance each pay period to stay on top of the fuel bill. That way all purchases would be dedicated to gas. When you get into the Visa/MC game. It's get's too tempting. Macy's, Target, TGI Fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by cap350z View Post
                      When you get into the Visa/MC game. It's get's too tempting. Macy's, Target, TGI Fridays.
                      Best Buy, Circuit City

In all honesty, being creditless AND in BK isn't such a bad thing. It forces people like me to live within their means.
                      Filed Ch7 3/6/08 [X]
                      341 hearing 4/10/08 [X]
                      Last day for Objections 6/9/08 [X]
                      Discharge AND Closed 6/23/08 [X]

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X