Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to burst your bubble ...

National City Bank has over 57 complaints this year according to the BBB, so I'm not sure I'd risk that ... if someone has one, let us know! The offer seems too good to be true!

Comment

I never heard of them before...............what sort of complaints have been filed against them?
      The information provided is not, and should not be considered legal advice. All information provided is only informational and should be verified by a law practioner whenever possible. When confronted with legal issues contact an experienced attorney in your state who specializes in the area of law most directly called into question by your particular situation.

Comment

This corporation is out of Ohio......
        They have banks, mortgage companys, and their own cc...., etc.
        They are a very large banking firm in the Ohio, Ind, Kentucky area.
        Do they have "complaints" against them? - OH.......I'm sure they do!!!!!!
        If you do any business with them - BETTER CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK!!!!

TAKE IT FROM SOMEBODY "WHO KNOWS"............

Minny
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Originally posted by Minnymouth
          This corporation is out of Ohio......
          They have banks, mortgage companys, and their own cc...., etc.
          They are a very large banking firm in the Ohio, Ind, Kentucky area.
          Do they have "complaints" against them? - OH.......I'm sure they do!!!!!!
          If you do any business with them - BETTER CHECK YOUR PAPERWORK!!!!

TAKE IT FROM SOMEBODY "WHO KNOWS"............

Minny

I had a credit card with them, and they are just horrible. Hidden fees, late night telephone calls..... it was awful.
          BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

hey guys, DO NOT trust National City, I've have had them as a banking service since 1999 since we bought our house. they do all kinds of unhanded things to make any extra cent or too. My husband and I have direct deposit and unfortuantely, due to our employers, we have to have direct deposit and this is the only local bank for us, allowed by our employers, any way on several occasions they have taken it upon themselves to charge me overdraft charges d/t Insufficient funds. However, what the do is take out the money for written checks before the add in the credits. This has gone on multiple times and every time I go back to the branch and notify them but they all give me the same excuse "we always deduct before we add". I never get them to add the money back into our account. so STAY AWAY, BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID of them.

Comment

Originally posted by brokemama
              hey guys, DO NOT trust National City, I've have had them as a banking service since 1999 since we bought our house. they do all kinds of unhanded things to make any extra cent or too. My husband and I have direct deposit and unfortuantely, due to our employers, we have to have direct deposit and this is the only local bank for us, allowed by our employers, any way on several occasions they have taken it upon themselves to charge me overdraft charges d/t Insufficient funds. However, what the do is take out the money for written checks before the add in the credits. This has gone on multiple times and every time I go back to the branch and notify them but they all give me the same excuse "we always deduct before we add". I never get them to add the money back into our account. so STAY AWAY, BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID of them.

If I were you, I'd close my acounts with them ASAP, and find a nice credit union!
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

My credit union did just that last week! They withdrew the cks first before they put in the deposit and charged me an insufficient funds charge. I called and they said they always put the cks thru before the deposits and that they put the checks that didn't clear back thru again the next morning at 10am. So to me this is some way to rack up extra revenue by charging all these insuff fund chrgs, and no they wouldn't refund the fee. I don't think this is right!! I worked at a bank years ago and the deps always went in first.

Comment

babycakes - Our bank lets everything go through and then zaps us for the charges for check protection. I asked them why they did that and they said we were a long time customer and they didnt want us to be embarrassed by declining a charge. Give me a break...they want the exorbitant fees/penalties. Admittedly, it would be embarrassing but I am learning fast in my soon to be post-BK situation, to be more frugal and stick to a budget. On the credit card issue - we were embroiled in the same kind of problems with Citibank and Providian. We have a Providian account for nearly 10 years, NEVER late and they slapped on all kinds of penalties on our account and were relentless in calling us.
                  I know we incurred the debt but they had absolutely NO interest in working with us at all. Seems to be the MO for the credit card industry.

Comment

Most of you "know" my situation..........well, I can thank Nat City for it!!!! DUH.......................................talk about "clerical errors"!!!!
                    They sure don't keep "their records" as good as they "try to keep ours"!!!
                    Had been banking with them for over 25 years, purchased 2 homes, etc.............
                    then when I claimed BK - I got "screwed" by them.......

Better check any "paperwork" they do for you!!!! WORD OF CAUTION!!!

Minny
                    Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

My credit union offers up to $500.00 of "courtesy pay." You go over, or forget to write a check in the balance register, they will cover it for you, up to $500.00. Thank GOD I have never had this happen to me, but it's nice to know it's there!

Comment

I had the $500 overdraft protection on my checking account for years, but this credit union closed it out last year after my EX-husband filed Ch13. We weren't even on the same acct anymore. We've been divorced over 2 years. He had opened up a whole new acct for himself and was taken off mine, but they said that since he had been on mine at one point in time they didn't take chances, so they closed it. I was soooo ticked, but I guess now it doesn't matter because they would have closed it anyway now that I've filed.

Comment

I got my first credit limit increase today! (Rewards 660 Visa) I have absolutely NO complaints about this card at all. Every time I call the customer service has been amazing, and they keep up with their end of the bargain!

I have paid my bills ALL on time for the past six months, and my credit scores are going up, I am sure.

I do need to get a couple of things removed. (Two accounts are showing as charge offs, which is a no-no) and the dates on them are wrong.

Keep it up folks.

Comment

National City Bank Secured Card

Originally posted by shygal
                            Handling my mortgage ?????? NO, THEY ARE NOT....We have a mortgage with someone else, I just found this searching on the net.... thought it would be helpful to someone
                            Hi Shygal,
                            I actually just attended a seminar re: Rebuilding your Credit After Bankrutcy in Chicago. The guest speaker was very informative and spoke re: getting your FICO scores up. He has been certified and trained with The Fair Isaac Corporation (FICO). He stressed the importance of building your FICO up and he mention 2 of the BEST Secured Cards to go for...
                            1) National City Bank (will not rip you off and reports to all 3 credit agencies) you can also deposit a minimum of $250. Annaul fee of $36 payable in $3 installments each month. Not too bad... considering some of these other companies charging so many additional fees. Another he mentioned as even better if you read the fine print was:

2) First Bankcard, First National Bank of Omaha, p.o. Box 2978, Omaha, NE 68172-9895(Family Merchants Bank (on card)
                            After reading the brochure, this card charges an annual $20 fee - no additional charges, they report to all 3 agencies (THE MAIN THING TO LOOK FOR OR DON'T EVEN BOTHER APPLYING) and they deposit your money in a certificate of deposit. (The only disadvantage is.. the minimum deposit is $500 and sometimes it's a little easier to come up with $250.)

SO YOU POSTED EXCELLENT ADVICE FOR ALL TO KNOW. THANKS FOR CONFIRMING THE INFO I RECEIVED FROM THE SEMINAR. I WAS SENDING IN AN APPLICATION THIS WEEK).
                            Last edited by chicago57; 09-18-2005, 12:00 AM.

Comment

First Premier Bank screwed me big time. They REPORTED late, they charged outragous fees. You had to pay $250 up front, then $59 EACH year, $25 for EACH credit increase, and a monthly fee it was a joke!!!!!. They started at 9% intrest, I was always on time, and for NO reason at all they raised it to 24%. I called then and asked what the heck, and they beat round the bush.....something to the effect that after a certin time period they raise it, I said no, IF I mess up they raise it. Their response was well people usualy mess up by now, so it's time to raise it, I had had the card for 3yrs!!! I was floored, so because I didn't mess up they raised it anyways!!! I was stupid and it was my first card when I was younger. Now years later I filed on them cause they inflated everything. BEWARE!!! They are JERKS!!!! they harass with phone calls too!!! They even called my nieghbor, who happen to live in the same complex as me, her phone number was listed , mine wasn't...HOW RUDE were they to call her!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pink_amulet
                                First Premier Bank screwed me big time. They REPORTED late, they charged outragous fees. You had to pay $250 up front, then $59 EACH year, $25 for EACH credit increase, and a monthly fee it was a joke!!!!!. They started at 9% intrest, I was always on time, and for NO reason at all they raised it to 24%. I called then and asked what the heck, and they beat round the bush.....something to the effect that after a certin time period they raise it, I said no, IF I mess up they raise it. Their response was well people usualy mess up by now, so it's time to raise it, I had had the card for 3yrs!!! I was floored, so because I didn't mess up they raised it anyways!!! I was stupid and it was my first card when I was younger. Now years later I filed on them cause they inflated everything. BEWARE!!! They are JERKS!!!! they harass with phone calls too!!! They even called my nieghbor, who happen to live in the same complex as me, her phone number was listed , mine wasn't...HOW RUDE were they to call her!!!

Thanks for the warning. I have a First Premier card right now, and after I pay it off next month, I am closing the thing. Something about their services I don't like, and I get a bad vide from. HOWEVER, you should have been well notified of all the fees and things before you got the card. They don't hide this stuff anymore, and it's right out there for people to see. I was well aware of them when I got the card.

I just got approved from Orchard Bank, and think I will keep them, and my Rewards 660. =)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X