Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nessa30 View Post
    Approved for Orchard Bank unsecured, $300.00 limit.!!! I'm satisfied. At first they wouldnt give me one. They was always referring me to the secure card. Now since my First Premier card is reporting it made a difference. I'm on my way!!!!
    Congrats! Now get a capital one card and cancel that first premier.

Comment

Hi filingonmyown,
      when should i apply for a capital one since you suggested it.? I'm trying to wait until the beginning of the year to apply for anything else.Just Curious? Especially since Hooters Mastercard turned me down.

Comment

Capital One is much more user friendly then hooters card in my experience. I got the capital one card 1 month discharged, but got declined for the hooters card a couple times before they gave it to me. If I were you I would wait about a month until your orchard card starts to report, then apply for the capital one card. Wouldn't hurt to check up on all 3 of your credit reports in the meantime to make sure they are all completely fixed, because capital one will pull ALL 3 OF THEM.

Comment

Ok, I will take your advice on that. And believe me I'm going back and forth with transunion & experian to make sure they report my bankruptcy correct. still have some accounts not showing in bankruptcy status. This week I have to send transunion a list of all my creditors that were included just to make sure they have everything right.!

Comment

Capital One

Back in the day after my Chapter 7 was discharged (in the early 90's) I had obtained a Capital One Visa Card where if I sent them money THAT was my limit (No Fees - My Credit - and no, they did not treat it like a Debit card and everything was reported to all 3 bureaus like a credit card), eventually overtime they would reimburse me the monies I put into it and establish a line of credit with them. Through the years that have come and gone I was establishing credit left and right with big name banks and credit unions and no fees. I'm sure No Fee Credit Card offers are still out there? Maybe even Capital One? Those were the days!

Just my two cents, Catchmeifyoucan
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Should I be concerned about applying for a Capital One if i had some money discharged from them in my Ch. 7 BK?

Comment

Probably not. Worst case is if they decline you immediately due to that fact, chances are they wouldn't go and waste any more inquiries on your credit reports.

Comment

Filing on my own:

I noticed that you had a JFCU card and I looked into applying for that card; however, when I tried to apply it came up as a "loan application". Is this really a credit card or some sort of loan?

Comment

Hsbc

Hi,

I'm curious if anyone would recommend the HSBC card. I got an offer today and wondering if it's about the same as Orchard.
                    filed: 5/17/06
                    341: 7/5/06
                    discharged: 9/6/06
                    closed: 12/20/06

Comment

Originally posted by concerned View Post
                      Filing on my own:

I noticed that you had a JFCU card and I looked into applying for that card; however, when I tried to apply it came up as a "loan application". Is this really a credit card or some sort of loan?
                      Yes, its a visa credit card, and a credit card is an unsecured loan. You have to complete the loan application to be considered for a credit card.

Comment

Orchard is very good they report to all 3 of the agencies. I had one, $1000 in collateral, so no annual fee. Since September 2006, always paid on time, told my attny that I wanted to reaffirm this, small balance on it. Doing my filing she makes a mistake send them a letter. SO guess what, I sent her a nasty email, yelled at customer service I want the phone# of the person who handles the situation of new filers, I want a replacement card with my collateral on it. My attourney is also calling, she has "fixed" my file, but I am not letting her off the hook. I would recommend Orchard. I did get a mailing that it is a $100 annual fee. I don't honestly remember last September if I had to pay the $100 with the collateral.

Comment

Originally posted by lostsoul23 View Post
                          I was told by a BK lawyer that they can do that as long as it is disclosed in the terms & conditions. So if you apply for one and get approved for it, and it's someone you BK'd on before, make sure you read through those terms & conditions to make sure they don't slide that in on you.
                          Umm, this kind of got posted and no one commented on it.
                          I'd like to hear from an expert here, maybe a moderator:

Can this be true??
                          How could they add debt back in that has been discharged in bankruptcy, through fine print on a credit card??

Is this legal in some states? All states? Any states???

Sounds crazy...
                          <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                          FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Rip of Fees

The truth is that most of us in this forum have not done very well managing our $$$ and cents. So, why are we paying these high fees to get credit that got us here in the first place?

A good credit score can help employment and the cost of insurance, so we need a good score.

The lowest cost secured card I have found is from First National Bank of Ohama. The fee is $20/year, and the opening deposit is $500, and they report to all three CRAs.

So, why do others get ripped off with Orchard and the likes them, I ask.
                            regards,
                            emoney

Comment

Originally posted by emoney View Post
                              The truth is that most of us in this forum have not done very well managing our $$$ and cents. So, why are we paying these high fees to get credit that got us here in the first place?

A good credit score can help employment and the cost of insurance, so we need a good score.

The lowest cost secured card I have found is from First National Bank of Ohama. The fee is $20/year, and the opening deposit is $500, and they report to all three CRAs.

So, why do others get ripped off with Orchard and the likes them, I ask.
                              regards,
                              emoney
                              Thanks for the info! So, Orchard will be my first application!

Question: (sorry if this has been answered somewhere, I just don't have time at the moment to search for it and hope someone who knows can just save me the time):
                              When is it best to apply for new credit? Is it okay right after the discharge? Or should one wait a while? Or ??? Also, will someone like Capitol One consider giving you more credit even though you filed againt them for a grand or two?
                              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                              FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by emoney View Post

Not entirely true.
                                Many of us were hit with major medical bills, divorce, or identity theft or job loss. It really had nothing to do with money management.
                                BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X