No announcement yet.

Recommended Credit Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To avoid NSF check charges, if your bank/credit union will allow it, tie your savings account to your checking account. Then if you do not have sufficient funds, it draws from your savings. This will solve the problem of the bank/credit union running the checks before the deposits.

Comment

I got a Captial One 20 days after my 341 meeting

Hey Guys:

Just for the heck of it, I applied for a capital one card online.

At the time, I was only 20 days post my 341 meeting. I'm not discharged yet.

But they still approved me for a $1000 platinum card.

No fees (as far as I know of).

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
        Hey Guys:

Interesting.
        Did you include them in your bankruptcy?
        I did, so am wondering if they will trust me again... (though of course they should since I cannot file again). But who knows?
        <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
        FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

No, I've never had a Captial One anything.

Comment

Originally posted by twuoo View Post
            Hey Guys:

I heard that they do that, and I burned and inq. just to see, but we didn't get anything...oh well I know there is tons of cleaning we have to do, and our discharge is not showing yet.
            Filed CH7 - 10/13/05;
            341 Meetings: 11/28/05, 3/20/06, 12/4/07 (3d time's a charm!)
            Converted: 2/15/06 (to CH13), 10/15/07 (Back to CH7)
            DISCHARGED: 2/15/08

Comment

Be very careful about signing up for a credit card company that you filed against.
              I've heard - though can't swear it's true - that sometimes they put in the fine print, that you must pay back what you previously owed. I don't see how this is legal if it's only in fine print, but apparently it is.

So either read the fine print VERY carefully, OR just don't get credit with a bank you filed against.
              <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>

Comment

Orchard is good...

I got my husband an Orchard shortly following our Ch. 13 discharge. We've had the card for about a year... We also got Hooters and HSBC. The Orchard card has no annual fee, and he has a $1150 limit. My HSBC has a $2400 limit, and Hooters is $1000. All have been reported to the credit bureaus timely, and we've had no problems with any of them.

Originally posted by joe715 View Post
                Hello. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the Orchard Bank credit card. I just got an offer in the mail for one of these cards. $59 annual fee and looks like $3.50 monthly maint fee. I'm sure the limit is low like $300.00 but I guess I wont know until I am actually approved. It actually says "Pre-selected" and not "Pre-approved". Anyone know if these guys report every month? I'm looking to rebuild my credit and the fees here seem to be much cheaper than Aspire. I will go with Aspire if I must because of the great review by Robivi3. Your info is appreciated Robivi3. Thank you. -Joe

Comment

I filed Chapter 7 April 29 2008 and my 341 is early June.
                  When is it legally ok to apply for a secured card or a BK friendly card?
                  I don't want to mess up my Chapter 7 proceedings, but want to start rebuilding ASAP!
                  I know paying utils and mortgage on time will help. That hasn't been a problem.
                  Thanks!
                  Filed Chapter 7 4/29/08
                  341 Survived 5/27/08
                  Discharged 8/19/08
                  Case Closed 9/08/08

Comment

Originally posted by rickisbroke View Post
                    I don't want to mess up my Chapter 7 proceedings, but want to start rebuilding ASAP!
                    I know paying untiles and mortgage on time will help. That hasn't been a problem.
                    Thanks!
                    After you receive your discharge.

Comment

I applied for Cap 1 (I had IIB them). They didn't even bother pulling any of my credit reports, they declined me due to 'too many past or present delinquencies with Cap 1'. LOL I'm sure they'll come calling at some point, it just may have been too soon for me.
                      Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Comment

I second HHM response, when you are discharged.

Originally posted by rickisbroke View Post
                        I know paying utils and mortgage on time will help. That hasn't been a problem.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted View Post
                          I applied for a secured credit card through First Premiere, and got approved. They allow you to make $25.00 payments until you have a balance of $200.00, and then they send you the card.

I did my research first.

BTW- I also have completely cleaned up my credit reports- all three! They are all now reporting ALL of my accounts as included in bankruptcy, and I am now on my way to rebuilding credit.

If anyone wants more information on cleaning up credit reports, IM me or email me!
                          So does Premiere charge fees on top of the security deposit?
                          And how much interest?
                          Annual fee? "Sign up" fee? Etc.?

Comment

I haven't had my 341 yet and applied for an Orchard Bank credit card (I did this before I asked my question above), and I got it. I will admit I did this after reading that somebody else had applied after their 341 but before discharge, and I must have done it when I was drunk because I don't clearly remember applying for the card. (I know that's bad.)
                            So...am I in deep doo doo? Will the court or trustee even know about it if I don't use it?
                            I don't want my case to get thrown out.
                            My lawyer didn't really answer the question of when it was ok or legal to get the card. He just insisted that it wouldn't even happen until after my 341.
                            Filed Chapter 7 4/29/08
                            341 Survived 5/27/08
                            Discharged 8/19/08
                            Case Closed 9/08/08

Comment

I am excited right now..I just applied online with Orchard and was approved for $300 limit, 14.90% and $59 annual fee. It's not much, but it's definitely a start for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kneedeep View Post
                                I am excited right now..I just applied online with Orchard and was approved for $300 limit, 14.90% and $59 annual fee. It's not much, but it's definitely a start for me.
                                In all likelihood they will raise your APR significantly within a few statement periods, but it is still a revolving credit line that can be used to rebuild your rating...
                                Filed: 12/08/2006
                                Discharged: 03/22/2007
                                Closed: 01/30/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X